Clear all

is it possible

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

i was wondering if it was possible to put somthing like the line 6 pod into a 112 cab? so the line 6 pod would power it.
or it could never power somthing like that?
just wondering

(@shift)
Estimable Member

Nope.

A line 6 pod and other amp modelers are pre-amps, they would need a power amp inbetween, to do that.

You can plug a Pod into a pa system, if you wanted to, or something like those Atomic amps. But, yeah they need a power amp.

ReplyQuote
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

then why can you listen to them in headphones?

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Headphones only need a miniscle amount of power compred to an actual speaker(which a Pod or other headphone amps capable of). Just look at the size of the magnets. The bigger the magnet get power needed to drive it increases exponentially.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

what about something like computer speakers? could it power something small like that?

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Yes if they are powered (contain an amplifier)PC speakers: No or poorly if they are not powered. Powered PC speakers are either loaded with batteries or plug into AC mains (usually a wall wart). A lit LED indicator on one or both speakers also is a good sign that the speakers are powered.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

so i could plug into that if im going pretty much to any house, im not looking for a wall of sound just a little something to practiice with while im not home, and dont feel like lugging my 55lb amp

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

You could get one of these:

http://www.atomicamps.com/

Or a Tech21 Power Engine.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@pkrider)
Trusted Member

This would be simpler:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Amps?sku=482244

I have the spider 112 as my travel amp. It's a great littel amp, and could probably be used at small club np.

PK

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

You could also try a small powered speaker, like for PA's or floor monitor use. They're 10", 12", or 15" - you could get a 10 or 12. Something like the Fender 1270P.

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

If you're just looking for, as you said, a small amount of volume for practice, just get a cheap set of powered computer speakers. You could probably get a set for $10.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

As others have suggested you'll need some type of power amp for the pod in order to amplify the sound. The output from the pod is more than likely line level. Most preamps or mulit effects are like that.

joe

ReplyQuote