Jackson DK2 Dinky?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I was in GC the other day checkin out all the stuff I couldn't buy and just as I was leaving I saw a Jackson DK2 Dinky that looked awesome( OK I'll admit I choose guitars based on looks)it was a orange/red with blue flames.

From what little I know Jackson guitars are more for metal type playing. Unfortunately I'm not good enough to shred yet but does anyone have any experience with this particular guitar or with Jackson't in general.

It has Duncan designed pickups and a humbucker at the bridge and since I already have a Strat (single coils)and an SG copy (with Humbuckers) I thought this might be a good in-between guitar.

Of course if I buy this guitar I'll never get the amp I really need.

So if anyone knows about these I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say.

thanks

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I say if you already got two perfectly good guitars, then buy the amp you need. Just my two pence. :wink:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

I own a Jackson. Yeah they great and those duncan designed pickups are good enough id say. If you want a real Seymour Duncan quality its not the same, but like I said you wont be disappointed if you wanna play metal.
If you want a metal guitar then Jackson, Ibanez and ESP are the companies to check out.
Jackson's may have a thin neck, but being able to shred isnt a requirment of owning one lol... Besides you can shred on an SG neck. I do lol

So anyway I wouldnt hesitate to recommend one

ReplyQuote