Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

learning mandolin

22 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)

Yeah the Kelly prices are up quite a bit recently. Popularity I suppose. But compared to The Gibson it's still relatively inexpensive. ;)

Another thing is that you can sometimes snare a blemished model direct from Michael Kelly guitars at eBay. They (or they used to) sell off their own "seconds" that way. It'll get you a bit of a discount...

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

i got a mando yesterday and i feel that my guitar play has goten wose :cry: . What can I do to get my guitar playing back up again?

Since yesterday? :shock:
yes when I play guitar after playing mandolin I feel unpractised it's probably just me :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Do you also have trouble switching from one type of guitar to another (e.g., acoustic to/from electric or between guitars with different neck scales)? If so, it's just about learning and conditioning your muscle memory. This is something that only playing and time can do. While you are having this trouble, make sure you slow it down and develop/learn solid technique -- you want your neuro-muscular system to "learn" the right stuff.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Just spend time practising both at least every other day. By the way I find if I don't keep up with the mandolin my fingers get almost bleeding if I have a long practise on it - must be the double strings, I guess it's the same if you have a twelve string guitar.
Yeh, the GIbson Mando prices are extreme, in Aussie prices up to and over $10,000, don't know how they can justify that, but if my husband wins lotto I'm allowed to get a $5000 one, LOL

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I wrote my advice before I had read GNease's- so take his over mine as he is a lot more experienced than me

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

http://www.thesession.org/discussions/display/14730

Sorry to write three posts under each other(my PC is jumping around at the moment) but there is a useful discussion on what to consider when buying a mandolin for the first time on the above link

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

I'd like to thank the both of you its not really that bad it just shocks me I gess when i go from mandolin to guitar due to the size diffrince but i've noticed that its not as bad as it used to be(Even though that was yesterday :lol: )

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2