Clear all

LIKE NEW 12 STRING auction purchase!!!

14 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@backtothefuture)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ok...I must be nuts. But being around GN for the last couple of months...see I am with similar people (meaning lots of other nuts). :wink:

As I've mentioned, I've played and old, beat up Fender 12, which LOTS of issues...for the past couple of months. I've loved every second of it. But I have longed for a Martin, but my pockets are not Martin deep.

Well, today, I bought a Martin D12-1 on ebay for $600.99. I sniped. This thing was meant to be. The under-bidder's highest bid was $600.00!!! I won it by 99 CENTS!!!! I don't know what happened to the bidding increment, but I don't care. Ebay says I won. :D

I feel like I have bought a mail order BRIDE or something. How can I be sure it's really what they say....and on top of that....I'm hoping that UPS people that touch this package are guitar players. I'm worried, but then, the seller is a music dealer in NY, has 2 stores, and has perfect feedback. I even called them to ask some questions.

Anyway....this 12 is said to be like new, and has a Martin deluxe hardshell case, and all the papers that go with it.

If this is a good guitar, I think I got a deal, as this model has been discontinued. This one has a REAL mahogany neck as opposed to the current model having a "compressed sawdust " neck. Mine also has the inlaid dots on the frets, where the current model does not. Remember, I'm talking low end Martin here.

So now I will have a real "red neck" Martin with dots. :lol:

And yes....YOYO....it's not a Canadian ax, but what can I say. :wink:

Sorry for all the Emoticons, but I'm really excited!!! I'll report back when I get it.

Dennis

(@kailey)

wow thats awesome, good for you :D

ReplyQuote
(@vegas_jay)
Trusted Member

Congrats! That's a great story. :D

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Pics, we NEED pics......

Matt

great story, well done.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Congrats. Sounds like you got a winner

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@backtothefuture)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Will post pics this weekend. I should get it on Friday. I'm really glad that it won't be sitting in a hot UPS truck or warehouse over the weekend. I had the seller assure me that he would loosen the strings before shipment. At 250 pounds of pressure, a 12 string could REALLY pop off the bridge in this summer heat. :roll:

Dennis

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

And yes....YOYO....it's not a Canadian ax, but what can I say. :wink:

Is that all people care about these days? The name on the headstock? You shouldn't spent your money on a Seagull!! :evil: :lol:

Congrats man! I hope you like it.... and, just to bug you, and all the other Canadian guitar haters:

... Oh yeah, just the way I like it... :wink:

Congrats again, I can't wait to see the pics! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@backtothefuture)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Congrats man! I hope you like it.... and, just to bug you, and all the other Canadian guitar haters
... Oh yeah, just the way I like it... :wink:

Hey Yoyo....I am an equal opportunity/multi-national guitar player. :wink:

I know you're kidding about the "bugging", but just letting you know I have never played a Canadian axe. I have a Japanese Epi 6 string that I love (it was free) and of course the Jap. Fender 55-12 which was $100 (which was cheap except it has a HOLE in the back).

So if you or anyone else wants to donate a Canadian axe to my collection...I will pay for the shipping! :idea: :idea: :lol: :lol:

Dennis

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

It's not that Canadian guitars are extraordinarily made, they're just extraordinarily made for the price.... That's why I like em so much, best band for the buck around IMO, in the 500-1000 dollar price range... :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

grammer yoyo grammer :lol:

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member

Grammar, Primeta grammar

~Sam

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

LOL I never said anything about spelling.... :lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@backtothefuture)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well....I got the axe today. It's beautiful and sounds great. I never new a 12 string could have a bottom range.

BUT..........the danged bridge arrived with a crack in it because the seller did NOT loosen the strings as I asked him to. :evil:

I did a post in the REPAIR forum if you care to see it (the bridge).

Dennis

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

If i wasn't saving up for a gig rack, I'd be running out to shop the accoustics.. . you guys have to stop giving me GAS!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote