Notifications
Clear all

Line6 POD

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@dropdead23)
Topic starter  

Ok. Here's another question. I've heard that the line6 POD amp simulator is quite good for recording quality efx. I'd like to know what amps it features and do they really sound as good as the original marshall or mesa boogie? I mean on record not live. I'm mainly interested in the quality of high gain distortion.

(@alangreen)

Hiya,

I've read a number of very good reviews about the POD. If you can find Total Guitar magazine with the cover mounted CD in Singapore, check out some of the "How to play..." examples. The magazine uses a POD for most of its recordings.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

For a complete list of amp models, you can go to the Line6 site and download the pdf user manual. The selection is a little different depending on the POD model. I got mine because I wanted a Boogie, having played a MkIV in the past. It was pretty convincing in sound. The POD 2 doesn't have a MkIV model, but it has a Triple Rectifier and the MkII type (Santana) models, and they're pretty juicy sounding. I found I had to back the gain down to get any clarity because, like the real Boogies, there's a ton of gain to be had.

I found out my favorite model was the JCM 800 Marshall though. It reminded me of a Carvin X100-B I had back in the 80s, then read online that the Carvin was designed to sound like a JCM 800. That made sense to me and it became my favorite amp.

I actually use it to record bass parts, using the Modern Hi Gain. I can even get a Jack Bruce burpy sound using the Marshall 2x12 Bluesbreaker model and the Turser Beatle.

I'd still want a Bass POD though - have to try an Ampeg SVT!

Anyhow, if you can, get down to a music store and try one out. You won't be disappointed. But you have to watch that gain! :)

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Sorry, it was the Modern Class A (Matchless) model for the bass :)

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

i have the PODxt and i love it. I dont have the adapter right now (its in ohio and has been for like 3 months!) to plug it in but i love it to death. I pretend im playing it sometimes.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote