Notifications
Clear all

more beginner acoustic songs

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@c-mart)
Topic starter  

ive been reading a lot on this site and forums, and found some great songs to practice, but am looking for some more beginner acoustic songs you have to reccomend. i love playing my acoustic, but finding songs to learn on it is a lot harder then finding electric songs, so any help is appreciated. thanks again.

(@guitargeek-9)

well to start off, acoustic is harder to play than electric period. some commen caused for this is the generally high action (height of strings) and trying to get a nice tone out of it while making all the notes sound. some good acoustic songs that come to mind are Green day's "good riddance" and santana's "put your lights on" or something like that. even though i dont listen to green day, its an easy song. good luck and keep rocking.

Rock on.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Click on the "guitarnoise.com - online to onstage" logo in the top lefthand corner of this page. From there, go to the "Beginner Songs" section on the righthand side. They are all geared toward acoustics'.

Let us know how you make out! 8)

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@dave-t)
Reputable Member

The Dave Hodge lessons for sure. I had been playing for six months or so before I tried his "Horse With No Name", it REALLY kicked in and improved my strumming 100%.

Last Kiss
Dancin' Barefoot
Molly's Lips
Leavin on A Jet Plane
The Times They Are a Changin

ReplyQuote
(@mikemc)
Eminent Member

There is a really cool acoustic version of "one" by U2, done by Warren Haynes. Even the U2 original is partially acoustic and is fairly easy. "Collide" by Howie day aslo comes to mind.

ReplyQuote