Clear all

More gear

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well, I have been working lots of overtime lately and this extra money has been burning a hole in my pocket. I bought a 1 X 12 cab.

About few months ago I swapped out the stock Eminence 125 speaker in my Hot Rod Deluxe for a Celestion G12T-75. Gave the amp more of a Rock tone. The HRD is truly a Blues amp.

Then I picked up the Epiphone Valve Junior Head. Great amp. I have been playing this through a 2 X 12 Avatar cab with Celestion Vintage 30s. Sounds great.

But I hated having this extra Eminence speaker just going to waste. So I looked around for cabs and found this site.

http://www.lopoline.com/home.html

I read lots of reviews and they were all very positive. And the price is great. So, I finally ordered one. I got black tolex with charcoal grille. I figure I can use this with the Valve Junior. I wanted something really portable. I have really been itching to get out to some Open Mics lately and wanted a really small rig. So this looked perfect. But I picked this color so I can also use it as an extension cab for my Marshall DSL401.

This probably comes across like spam. I just thought others might be interested in this site, maybe want to build their own cab. You get everything you need, just gotta stick a speaker in.

Just ordered this, probably won't get it for a week, but I'll let you know what I think of it when I get it.

I also want to try that new little Smokey amp I ordered a few days back with this cab.

I have got to get under control. I am turning into a spend-a-holic. :roll:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Congratulations! The bad news is, soon you may have to go to Gasaholics Anonymous :-)

Actually, when I was looking at EVJ heads, I had thought about buying one of the lopoline 1x12 cabs. However, since the EPJ combos also have the heater hum fix, I went for a combo..

Have fun, let us know how it sounds. Did you get closed back or open back? I had read in the thread in the Epi forum about cabs that someone got a closed back from lopoline, had problems and had to exchange it for an open back. I don't remember exactly, but may have had a vibration problem..

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Vink

I got the closed back. I probably should have gone open back with a single 12" speaker, opens up the sound. But I like the really tight bass you get with closed backs.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

I was looking at those a few months back when I was looking for speaker cabs. I ended up getting something cheap / old off of ebay instead, but the lopo cabs (used to be SS cabs, when I was looking) did look pretty decent. Let us know how you like it.

TZ

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Vink

I got the closed back. I probably should have gone open back with a single 12" speaker, opens up the sound. But I like the really tight bass you get with closed backs.

Over 20 years ago I converted a Yahama 50W 1x12 combo into a head and a separate, closed back cab. I've always been impressed by how much tighter and focused that cheapo Yammy 12 incher sounded in the closed-back plywood cube I built for it. Still have it today.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Cool Wes. More is always better so enjoy! :D

ReplyQuote