Clear all

Musician's Choice guitar strings

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@paulsc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Are these strings any good? There is a Guitar Center opening next week in my area and they are on sale, buy 2 pakcs and get 10 free. I'm skeptical, there must be some kind of catch.

paul

"How can you have an ego about running your hand across a piece of wood?"
- Col. Bruce Hampton

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You'll find eveyone has their own opinion along with their choice of strings on this subject. Every set of strings sound and play different, even if all come from the same batch/case. What I have done over the years is tried many different ones out until I find the ones that produce the tone and feel that enhances my sound. Some times it takes spending a little more to get that special something out of a set of strings.

It might sound like a great deal but if they don't last more than a good jam or practice session, on top of having bad tone and feel. You'd be money ahead spending on a good set.

I use GHS Nickel Rockers 9 to 42

joe

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Try 'em out, only you can say they're good. Everyone has their own opinions and tastes in strings. I recently got my first electric and so far I've decided that D'Addario>Ernie Ball. I'm going to try some other brands next to see what works.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote