Skip to content
My Christmas Presen...

Notifications
Clear all

My Christmas Present - better late than never?

19 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thank you brothers. I am enjoying it. :D I am almost at the point where I'm ready to change tone and rewire as a '52. I've taken it apart twice and put it back together, the fit & finish are great, but it's tuff to break that first solder? :cry:

http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/telecaster/0100202C/SD0100202CPg2.pdf

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats, Blue Jay! It looks nice.

I like the butterscotch look as well. I've got a poor man's butterscotch (Squire Aff). Someone gave me a set of American stock pickups that he had replace with some SDs of some sort. This this is a rocker. Well, it's actually whatever you want it to be. 8) I'm pretty certain that I did my Cash song (FPB) on it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thank you Roy. I hope you're enjoying your axe and the Johnny Cash riffs, they are so much fun! Play on. :D

(Will we be hearing any Stray Cats or Brian Setzer Orchestra from the Gretsch, once you get 'er broken in?) :wink:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

(Will we be hearing any Stray Cats or Brian Setzer Orchestra from the Gretsch, once you get 'er broken in?) :wink:
Well, sometime this year, I think. I'm still not quite quick enough for some of his riffs on "The Stray Cat Strut". I do have part of it down, though.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2