New Music Room All Most Finished

15 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It's starting to look like I imagined it

There's going to be a corner gas fireplace to the right of the guitars, a leather love-seat, and some book shelves for music. Plus the stool and music stand are being replaced with wooden one's, but we're almost there!

edit: the image is a bit too big for the forum's liking .. if you right click on it and select "view image" you can see the whole thing

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Very nice!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Cool wallpaper!
:)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@fibaz)
Eminent Member

that's awesome. love the wallpaper. I'm happy to see someone is using track lighting right. be sure to post the updated final picture.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Does the snowman on the window ledge soak up much sound?

Very nice.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Looking good! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Looking good from here, too. Wish I could find a quiet place to play guitar in - but my guitar room is now "the spare bedroom" and has a bed in there. It's only 9' by 8', so not much room for anything else!

I may have to leave home......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Awesome!!!!

I have to wait for the kids to leave the nest......someday...

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

yeah. very cool wallpaper.

this modern age. wasn't it way back in the 40's and 50's and earlier, there was a room that was specific. it was called a 'den'.
books lined the walls, on the desk was a pipe rack and near the window was a leather chair and reading lamp. ??

now it's guitars, music stands, and on the desk is a computer and next to the leather chair is a keyboard.
cool.
no more den.
bring on the music room. 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

KP nice room and you have to love the wallpaper. Yes those snowman are real sound absorbers

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

sweet!

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Wow, nice room, David.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Very nice indeed! It has class. Almost makes me want to finish off The Man Cave. I just need a little money. :roll:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Nice looking room, KP! Should turn out fine. You going to install any of those foam accoustic sound dampner things? Make it really professional. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Nah, it's going to be a den like thing -- book cases, over-stuffed leather love seat and chair, fireplace, piano, guitars, horns ... it's not a recording space, it's a space to chill out and play my instruments or read my books

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote