Clear all

My First Open Mic!!!!

41 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Monday night, the Fallout Lounge, Dallas....Andrew (Marvellous Optimist on these forums) talked me into going....he even had the foresight to bring a mic for guitar, and he was full of encouragement....he's an absolute STAR!!!!

Anyway, it's a bit different from ploying in the pub with a bunch of your mates, if one of you makes a mistake it's easily covered...I was shaking like a leaf, started off with gutar on left leg, it was shaking so much I had to change legs....

But I managed to get through 3 songs..."You've got to hide your love away," "Proud Mary" and one of my own..."Blink of an Eye"...without any total cock-ups, although the Bb's were a little weak on Proud Mary.....

Andrew went on after me, told him "That's why you wanted me to come...I'm just here to make you look good...."....just joking!!!

I'm going to upload some photos and a couple of video clips tp Photobucket, may take a while...I'll get back to you when I'm done....

Oh yes....going again next Monday!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

EDIT....pictures added.....

Andrew....AKA Marvellous Optimist....

Me.....

Marvellous Optimist and Pet....awww!!!!

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

thats amazing, its really good to hear. Im sure the more Open Mics you play at, the easier it will seem to play there, and you can start adding new songs for next week

:lol: congrats on a good performance

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

That's excellent! I'm gonna go to an open mic myself on Sunday afternoon! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Vic,

Sounds like fun...and you remind me of a taller Peter Frampton

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Peter Frampton? eeeek!!! wish I could sell as many albums though....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Ooo.... Who's Twin reverb is that??? :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Belongs to the Fallout Lounge....

Vc

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

OMG :oops: Pass me the Slim Fast

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Vic,
Congrats. Looks and sounds like you had a great time. Wish I was there. Love Texas

Pet,
Don't need no stinkin Slim Fast. You look great.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Peter Frampton? eeeek!!!

Ahh "Show Me the Way"

You sure showed us the way Vic!

Cheers,

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

OMG :oops: Pass me the Slim Fast

You haven't seen pictures of me yet!!! Then, we'll talk Slim Fast............ although, with all this medicine they've got me on, I've lost 12 whole pounds! See y'all Monday at the Fallout! And, did I mention that when we go to Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic, not only is Willie playing, but so is Bob Dylan, The Doobie Brothers, Leon Russell and so many more I can't think of right now! It's going to be a heck of a picnic! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Are there still tickets available for Willie Nelson's 4th of July picnic? That's one hell of a line-up!!!!

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Leon Russell? Man I love him. Would love to see him again

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

OMG :oops: Pass me the Slim FastWillie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic, not only is Willie playing, but so is Bob Dylan, The Doobie Brothers, Leon Russell and so many more I can't think of right now! It's going to be a heck of a picnic! :D

Cool, but I've been kinda dissapointed with Willie ever since he did that thing with Jessica Simpson... Hmm... now that I'm thinkin' about it, I don't blame him! :lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hahahahaha MEN!.... Well actually now you come to mention it.......Neh I'll stick with Marv.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3