Clear all

My first song

20 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I have finally got a song down. Bullets by Creed. I can play the song with little mishaps and up to speed. I can also play the song without looking and go by feel and oddly enough, can play it faster by feel. I think moving onto another song for a while really helped. I'm not sure how but when I tried to play Bullets again........I just sorta did it.

I thought I'd share my sucess with you. Learning your first song is worthy of something.........I just don't know what. Now I just need to figure out what to work on next.

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

HUrrah!!! That is wonderful. Now I have to go look for an MP3 sample some where. Wanna hear what yer playing.

Great job
Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Don't get too ambitious too soon.It takes good time to play good songs and the tough ones.If you aim too high you are sure to fall or have a more desire to kill your guitar.Just telling you a good advice.Congrats on your first song 8)

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

It's worthy of a congradulations. Congradulations!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

8) Yes finding the balance between concentrating on one thing at a time, but not getting hung up in it is important. Are you playing to a metronome, drum machine or CD?

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Congratulations. It is a nice feeling to get that first one down isn't. :D

Keep it up and enjoy :D

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

Good work Angel!

Now you have to learn how to put your own spin on the song!

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I'd recommend starting a note book with songs you can play(with chord changes any fills and lyrics) not ones your working on, then ocasionally when your practing go through the book start to finish so you don't forget how to play them. Eventually you'll have to many and this won't be practical but it'll keep you from going "Gee I thought I knew more songs than that"

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

I can also play the song without looking and go by feel and oddly enough, can play it faster by feel.

That is what 'muscle memory' is, a term you might have seen else on the forums. Your brain tells your muscles what to do. When you look at what your doing all of a sudden your brain says, 'holy cow there are six strings and I have to do two different things with my two hands' and then it goes downhill quickly. LOL.. well sort of.

And I definately find that if take a break from doing A, go and do B for a bit, then come back to A, that the quality of A jumps forward quite a bit.

Congradulations on your first song. A true measure of accomplishment.

Rock on..
Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great job! Keep practicing! :wink:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thank you all for you words. And the keeping a book of songs seems like a good idea I'll have to try it.
Are you playing to a metronome, drum machine or CD?

I use a bit of everything. Sometimes I use the CD, other times, I play along with the CD or PowerTab. Mostly I just go by ear or counting the beats myself.

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Take a tip from someone who tried that for far too long, now that you have the notes down, keep polishing it with a metronome. And as soon as you can, record yourself, both with and without the metronome. Even a cheap computer mic or an old tape recorder will do, it'll help.

Great work though, just keep it up.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations. You are on your way. One down, thousands to go. 8)

It's like a simple nursery rhyme I used to tell my kids at bedtime.

Which is the way to London town
One foot up and one foot down

Keep up the great work.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@mr_clean001)
Estimable Member

Congratulations!!!! Keep up the good work. Hopefully I will be able to post something similiar in the next week, although today wasn't a banner day for it.

Let us know what you go after next.

"Practice until you get a guitar welt on your chest...if it makes you
feel good, don't stop until you see the blood from your fingers.
Then you'll know you're on to something!"
- Ted Nugent

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2