Clear all

My Username

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Recently, I have been getting some comments from my friends whenever I give them my e-mail and Screename. Like GN.com it is "Bstguitarist". Lately when I tell them that they say "Oh, so it stands for Bestguitarist". This is totally not true and I hope that the Username didnt come off as being cocky or anything. In fact I didnt even think of it that was until they started making comments. My Screename actually stands for "BS The Guitarist" Where "BS" are my initials and then "The Guitarist"

Just wanted to clear things up because I dont want to offend anyone or anything.

Thanks,
Bstguitarist,
KB1LQC

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

All cleared up now...

And all this time I thought it stood for

Bodacious, Stupendous, Tremendous Guitarist :lol:

Actually, I always figured the BST were your initials.

And now that you have me thinking about it I should go on the record saying that "Nils" really is my name and far from "Nils Lofgren"

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I thought the same thing as your friend's. But, it's just a screen name. If you were the "bestguitarist" I would be buying your CD's. :P

It's just a label, don't worry about it. I'm sure 99.9% of you don't want to know what mine means, nor do you care.....

The thing I want to know is what does the KB1LQC stand for?

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Finally! I have been waiting for someone to ask me what KB1LQC stood for! If any of you have ever heard of amatuer radio, that is my callsign. KB1LQC means that whoever is talking to me on the radio that they know who I am. Unfourtunately Amatuer radio (Ham Radio) is a somewhat dying breed of radio operators and my brother and I are proud to be two new young additions to that community. If you want more info go to

http://www.arrl.org

Or if you want to read about what Ham radio is all about go here:
http://www.arrl.org/hamradio.html

Amatuer radio is fading out because of the internet, with its guarenteed link to info. I like amatuer radio because it presents a challenge to me. To use the lowest power to get the farthest and to know morse code (yes I know morse code). If you like to experiment with building things this hobby is also for you. It s called "homebrewing" and I have built my own transmitter. I also plan to someday build my own guitar tube amp! and It cost a fraction of the price as if I was going to buy one!

There are different modes in Amatuer radio:

CW (Morse Code)
SSB (Voice)
Am (Voice)
FM (Voice)
RTTY (Radioteletype, like instand messenger but through the radio)
Packet (Like RTTY, but a lot faster)

SSTV (Slow scan Television, send pictures over the radio)
ATV (Amatuer television, Like regular TV stations except in Two way contacts between two amatuers)

And other Data modes that allow you to send files from your computer to other people and vice verse through the radio.

If you dont know, there are many stars who are amatuers as well, this includes Joe walsh of the eagles (WB6ACU), Marlin brando, Julia Roberts, Mike Myers, Demi Moore, Les Paul and many many more!

In fact look up famouse peoples callsigns here:

http://users.tellurian.com/gjurrens/famous_hams_rumors.html

73, (Best wishes in morse code)

Bstguitarist,
Kb1LQC

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote