Notifications
Clear all

Mystery guitar

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@adamtracy93)
Topic starter  

I had a bass rig collecting dust in my closet so I decided to throw it on my local craigslist and pretty much say, "Don't want it. Send me an offer. Cash or trades." First text I got was pictures of this beautiful music man copy and I was sold. It was a young kid who traded his cousin an amp for it, his cousin traded for it, guy before him traded it. Almost a legacy of trades before I got it. What he knew about it was just about as much as I knew. It's gorgeous, plays amazing, stays in tune for a lifetime. So I did the deal.

Next morning dropped it off at my local music shop to have it all checked out and set up properly (I'm horrible at setting up guitars lol) and kind of just told him the story of my "mystery guitar". I go to pick it up a couple days later and the dude is in love with it just like I am. But the weirder part.....he couldn't find a single stamp, brand, name written on it or anything. Nothing in the neck pocket, nothing on the neck, nothing on the headstock, nothing in the pickup holes. He pretty much stripped this thing to just figure out what it was out of curiosity. I'm not a huge encyclopedia of guitar knowledge but he said even kit guitars have some sort of identification stamp or serial number or ANYTHING on it.

All my friends are just telling me to "play it and shut up!" But I'm just crazy curious what this thing is. Its literally the nicest guitar I've ever owned and I can't even say what it is. Anybody know how to figure out just anything on it? Kit guitar, custom, did it fall from the heavens? I would really like to know.

Thanks.