Notifications
Clear all

Need some advice

40 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i just responded to what it sounds like to me.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Yup ... vocals are really good. :wink: Wish I could sing like that.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Huh? I thought the 'verse you' was Jezus and the 'chorus you' was you yourself, so different 'you's? (and vica versa for the 'I's) I thought it was confusing, but now I definitely am confused. :?

No you got it right. The verse You's refer to Jesus. The chorus yous refer to Jesus' response to me, or the person.

Ya, know. As much as I appreciate the comments referring to my song structurally, content, or even if you think its boring; there is certainly no need for those of you that are not Christians to be offensive to me about my religion. That is not what this discussion is about. I realize that someone that is not filled with the spirit of Christ would not be over joyed with the message of Christ. No problem.

I am really looking for "musically speaking" comments and many of you supplied those. That part is very appreciated. The rest of the discussion is just non sense. You don't see me prosthelyzing you into my beliefs.

No more comments needed really. I got the ideal. In fact, if a MOD would like to delete the whole thread it would be fine with me. I got the answers I was looking for and know what direction I am headed with this song. Until then.. thanks everyone for the comments and taking time to listen.

Thanks
Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

hey Jim....I'll apologise on behalf of any other on here that doesn't respect another man's belief and hope it dont keep you off the boards...

respect....

Rich

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

hey Jim....I'll apologise on behalf of any other on here that doesn't respect another man's belief and hope it dont keep you off the boards...

respect....

Rich

Thanks Rich. No way, I am not even really that offended by any of it. But I have been here a long time and I know how a political or religious conversation can turn here. And thats not the direction I was wanting it to go.

I'm all good. and thanks very much for you comments.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

For what you are going to do with it, I think it's good. You aren't going there to show them how you already know it all, right? Besides the raw product is better than the finished in this case. The producer can hear what he or she wants to do with it. If you whore it up with gizmos, breaks and bling then you take away the imagination.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Ya, know. As much as I appreciate the comments referring to my song structurally, content, or even if you think its boring; there is certainly no need for those of you that are not Christians to be offensive to me about my religion.
Jim

who said anything about your religion?

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

No more help needed Jason..

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Jim, I'm late in responding (as usual), but good luck! I gave your song several listens I really enjoyed it. Do you have an updated version yet? If so can you share it?

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Jason

No, not late at all. Always appreciate constructive criticism. This isnt the finished version, but it is the version I am going to have to send to the folks holding the bootcamp.

We are going to work on a final (as final as I ever get) this week.

I learned alot of the comments recieved.

Jim

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3