Clear all

need some new chords

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@psychopathic_zillionaire)
Topic starter  

heres the deal.

im your basic newbee. i know the important chords like AM Am7 CM CADD9 DM Dm EM Em7 GM G/B .. is there anyway any one can show me somemore chords? if not its cool.

Psychopathic Zillionaire

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I would recommend a chord chart (same size as a poster). They should have them in your local guitar store. Heck, I bought my scale chart at Wal-Mart.

I have both a chord and scale chart and look at them often.

Mike

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

thanks alot man

Psychopathic Zillionaire

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Just go here - http://www.jmdl.com/howard/guitarchords/

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

or here : http://jguitar.com/

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

or here : http://jguitar.com/

ReplyQuote
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

Hey, I would recommend finding some better guitarists to play with. I found hundreds of chords online and it didn't do me any good because I wouldn't know the context and memorizing chords is pretty dull outside of the context of a song. It wasn't until I found other people to play with did I learn new chords and I am learning new ones all the time. Also look through the music theory lessons here on this site. Understanding chord theory (it isn't as hard as it sounds) helps you to be able to synthesize the new chords you learned with your old knowledge of chords (say you can see a certain chord shape and relate it chords you already know). Also look up some barre chord tutorials. You don't even have to barre them if you don't want to (just mute the strings you can't barre).

Here is a good lesson to get started on for music theory: https://www.guitarnoise.com/lessons/basic-music-theory/

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

check out nils site, he has chord charts 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@martin-6)
Honorable Member

I learned 98% of the chords I know from looking at tabs of songs I wanted to play. The other 2% are from watching live shows, and inventing chords myself.

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

I agree with whoever said about learning chords by learning songs you want to play - pick a song you can't currently play and practice it hard.

the chords must be in context, not just used randomly.

look at the Beatles - they started out with your pretty typical C, Am, G, songs, as they developed their chords choices expanded significantly.

Good luck

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Looking back through the easy song database and lessons.......

There are songs with powerchords, maj7ths, augmented, min 9ths, min7ths, and DHodge's lesson on "Wish you were Here" is a good starting point....some unusual fingering of familiar chords.....there's also a good article/lesson on pedal points, you could do worse than look that up...

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

thanks man. you guys been helpfull

Psychopathic Zillionaire

ReplyQuote