Ummmmm......

Guess what came in today? :D :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

8)
How does it compare to the off the shelf one?

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Ummmmm......

Guess what came in today? :D :D

PICS!!!,...PICS!!!...

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Wow, what a night.

I didn't put it down until 1:30 am. I'm tired as can be.

It's more beautiful than the pictures could ever do for it. I actually gasped when I opened the case for the first time.

However, :evil: upon further inspection, after hours, I found a not so nice blemish. There is a quarter inch chunk of finish completely gone from the body where it mates with the neck on the high E side. There is also a piece of finish "dangling" from that same spot. So today it's going back.

But man, talk about a player. Primeta, from the body there was some differences. Mostly just feel of the knobs and switch. The neck played as good or better than the one on display. The sustain and power this delivers through my Peavey Valve is just incredible. I haven't had my amp up past 2 and the guitar just screams. I sound really good. :D

I actually tried the whammy bar and it's different. It plugs in instead of screwing in. But the guitar held its tune throughout the whammy test. :D All in all it surpassed my expectations and I'm simply bummed that it has this irritating blemish. I'm half tempted to ignore it since everything else about the guitar is above expectations.

Sorry about no pix. I just didn't have time last night.

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

sorry to hear about the blemish.
Personally i would take it back, but i am known for being a bit picky about those types of things.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

What a shame about the blemish. Unless their prepared to take money off, whew hard choice.

Steely Dan

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Just got off the phone with the dealer and they ordered me another one. Should be here in another week. :roll:

Oh well, I'm keeping this one until the other shows up.

If I get some time this weekend I'll post a few pics.

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

The eternal search for the perfect strat :P Hope the new one sounds as good.

Steely Dan

ReplyQuote
(@joe_unshattered)

I believe in DiMarzio ToneZone pickups. The wood dont matter nothing, it's a fairy tale!

Upload your own lessons to my site

http://www.guitarfreak.bestsource4u.com

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I believe in DiMarzio ToneZone pickups. The wood dont matter nothing, it's a fairy tale!

Upload your own lessons to my site

http://www.guitarfreak.bestsource4u.com

not on a sss deluxe MiA Strat. and imho the wood matters plenty

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey all, remember me? :D

I gots the replacement goods today. Here's a twist. It plays even better than the first one. Plus, I'd come to find out that first one had some other issues with it, as well. When I decided to crank on it with my amp, I determined something wasn't wired correctly. The master volume wasn't doing it's job. I looked at the owners manual and the on-line documentation for the S-1 Switching system and I determined I was able to control it only the controls weren't responding as expected.

So in all, there were many issues with that guitar.

This one was tested by the lab tech, the store guitar salesman, and the store owner, whom I do all my business with. So I brought it home this morning after dropping off my drums and setting up for my gig tonight and have been playing it ever since. What a difference in sound. Wooweee this one is wired for sound. Incredible. I'm so under matched trying to make it sing, it yawns when I come near it. :shock: :D

Here's a pix. It still doesn't do it justice. There is a metalflake that my camera just isn't picking up.

Stickers and other protective embelishments will be removed if it passes all weekend testing. I love this guitar.

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

bish~ that's really nice, hope it plays as well as it looks

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

The guitar plays like a dream. I'm finding out that I'm really liking the maple fretboard. First and foremost what I'm noticing is the ease of identifying the frets. Who'd a thunk? The 'dots' stand out much more and I find I flounder less and hesitate less when reaching for a note with the maple over a rosewood fretboard. I'm getting into trouble now as I don't want to play the rosewood fretboards. :(

Now for the typical strat 3 pickup combo. I'm having much trouble with that. It seems my picking hand lands right over the middle pickup and I keep whacking on it with my pick. Especially if I'm soloing on the higher strings and I find I'll pluck the pickup while picking on the high E string.

I've tried to move my arm forward or backwards of the pickup but after releasing some of the focus, my arm tends to fall back to the position where I'm picking directly over the top of the middle pickup. I'm just about tempted to go back to the store and have them order me in a dual humbucker model that eliminates that center pickup. I know the sound will be different but I haven't played this strat through amps enough to know if I'll miss this pickup combinations sounds or not.

Any thoughts?

Bish

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4