Clear all

New acoustic.

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@cbones)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I just got my Blueridge BR160 and it sounds and looks great. Its my first solid wood guitar. Has a choice solid sitka spruce top and solid india rosewood back and sides. It cost 549$ with the case. I cant believe how light it is compared to my laminated washburn. You can feel the guitars body vibrating when you play it.

Its well built and responds very well to a more aggresive style of strum. Its alot louder and has a more defined bottom end, its got bass, then my washburn. Its not chimmey on the high end more mellow. Its a warmer darker more mellow tone that I'm very found off. Makes for a great solo acoustic guitar.

I cant wait to see how it ages. They say that solid wood guitars open up and the sound improves nicely over the first 2 years and then by the time its 10 its about as good as its gonna get. I'll have to wait and see but for the money I think it was a great buy. Maybe one day I can afford a 4500 dollar martin D-28 herringbone style dread with forward Scalloped X bracing but untill then I think I'm going to enjoy this. They do a braizilian rosewood model too that I'm tempted to purchase in the near future. I'm going to see how well this one holds up and how the tone ages and make a decision.

(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

laminated to solid, thats a huge jump.

I'm looking at getting a new acoustic soon, and if people like you keep buying them then I'm going to be at guitar center quicker than you can ask me where I'm going 8)

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Congratulations on your new guitar! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

nice. blueridge's are great guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

Good choice Blueridges are nice guitars.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

This is a big step. Well played!

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote