Notifications
Clear all

New gear

18 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

Thanks for clearing that up Wes. That makes perfect sense.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Glad I didn't confuse you. This is probably the #1 cause of damage. People will plug a Speaker Out into their mixing board or the Line In on another amp. Goodbye mixing board and amp. :(

The problem is that manufacturers use different terms for these "line" Ins and Outs. Fender has got to be the worst. That PWR IN is very misleading.

If your Fender's speakers plug into the head with a 1/4" jack, you can pull out this speaker jack from the head. This would connect to the Speaker Out on the Epiphone.

Want to have some fun, plug your multi-fx straight into that PWR IN. Turn down the pedal first. But this will completely bypass all other amp controls. I have done this, actually sounded pretty good, especially cab simulations.

If you use the complete Effects Loop you still have the amps controls (Volume, Tone etc...).

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey Wes,

Here is the link to those Valve Jr. sound clips http://www.instituteofnoise.com/L6/ampclips.asp#Epiphone

Scott

I havn't found my tone yet, and I have no mojo....but I'm working on it :)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2