Clear all

New Guitar YAY!

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

after selling my jackson i had around $400. so today i went to a used guitar place and was looking at the fenders.

my dad told me to come look at this ibanez. it was sort of shaped like those PRS SE's. it had 2 humbuckers, 24 frets, and tune o matic bridge. it said ST50 on the truss rod plate. i was skepticle

it said $450 on the tag

i thought it would probably be a peice of crap but plugged it in anyways.

i left the store with it for $360. it was so awesome. the guy said it was from 1979 and made in japan. i knew japan ibanez;s were quality so i didn't hesitate. when i got home like an hour ago, i confirmed that it was indeed from 1979.

so it looks like i have 2 vintage guitars now, both of excellent quality.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

Nice guitars 8)

The Ibanez is interesting - not seen one quite like that before - very PRS-like, as you say... I like the cacti, too :D

Nice Strat too - what year is it? Looks a lot like my '78, but the headstock's much smaller. Earlier? But there are two string trees, and the truss rod's top access ... H'mm?

Put me out of my puzzlement :?

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Interesting axe. Those old MIJ Ibanez guitars do have a very good reputation. Enjoy!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

wellmy strat is proably not considered vintage, but i like to say it is

its a 1988 fender american strat.

17 years is a long time for me

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Loving that Strat!!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

wellmy strat is proably not considered vintage, but i like to say it is

its a 1988 fender american strat.

17 years is a long time for me
I guess the real vintage ones are pre-CBS (i.e. pre-1965) models. I had a '58 years ago (sold when hard up - silly!) which sounded wonderful, then my present '78 all-black ... but I have to say the build quality (except for the tuners) is better on the '78, and better still on the current American and American DL models.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

but I have to say the build quality (except for the tuners) is better on the '78, and better still on the current American and American DL models.

Amen to that PV!!

Except the Schaller locking tuners I have on my Deluxe are the best of any guitar I own currently. JMHO.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

but I have to say the build quality (except for the tuners) is better on the '78, and better still on the current American and American DL models.

Amen to that PV!!

Except the Schaller locking tuners I have on my Deluxe are the best of any guitar I own currently. JMHO.

Agreed!

What I meant to say, but failed, was that the tuners on the '78 Strat let down the rest of the guitar ... yes, the current tuners are the best they've used. A friend of mine's new Am DL Tele has the best I've seen, period 8)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Nothing wrong with Ibanez at all, and this one should really add a bunch of new sounds to the strat. Have fun!

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

my next guitar is going to be an ibanez, or a carvin. 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on the great looking guitar. And as Arjen said, this should add some new tones to your repertoire.

Have fun!

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote