Clear all

New Toy

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I went down to the local music store where they had a few select items at 40% off. There sat a Boss GT-6. Picked it brand new for $220. A friend of mine landed a satin MIM Strat for about the same amount. We both walked out of there like we had stolen something.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

That sounds like a great deal. Things like that alway makes playing more fun.

Have fun experimenting and playing with your new toy.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great deal Rparker!

I've had the Boss GT-6 for a couple of years now, and it's always served me well. I think you'll like it. :D

Check out this site for some useful info:
http://www.bossgtcentral.com/index.php

Have fun! 8)
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

way to go bro, have fun with it and post a review for us ok

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

My initial take on it is quite favorable. I think it will take me quite some time before I get to play with everything. I have not even made it through the presets yet. Comparing it to my Vamp, the GT-6 has a tighter sound. Less noise, so to speak. Even the distortions and crunches seem crisper. I'm very pleased.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote