Clear all

the american deluxe strat's weight

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Feels like a very heavy guitar to me...maybe even more so than a les paul!...maybe this is contributing to it's very great tone...(it's an '05) but it's hurting my back a bit after walking around the house the past 2 days playing it...anyone else notice this?...or know what they weigh exactly?...i love it's feel and tone alot and can live with the weight but i am wondering if any other owners out there know more about this.

thanks - Otis

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Mine isn't very heavy to me. Of course I haven't walked around the house playing it for two days. When do you sleep?

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Your post got me curious so I did some searches for guitar weights and the ONLY thing I could find that actually pertained (somewhat) was this http://www.birdsongguitars.com/weights.htm I'm kind of amazed that no one has done a site about things like that. Things that most guitar players get curious about at one time or another and there is NO place to go find it! Interesting....... hope the link helps a bit........ it mentions Fender Strats.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

Elecktrablue, don't they have those sort of specs on Fender's website??? I'm pretty sure that they do.

ReplyQuote