Clear all

One more go around with the Jackson and warranty

22 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Maybe talking to him directly would be an easier way of dealing with it, as, even if he was a complete shister, he'd have a convenient excuse he could use. You didn't mention the shim before, either ;)

I actually talked to Ed this last time it was supposedly sent back in. Him seemed genuinely concerned and even made a call to his supplier or rep. The ball was put in his wife court. I couldn't tell you what happened after that.

Yes I told him about the shim and he even played the guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member

Very sorry to hear your tale, Sid. Seems some dealers/manufacturers underestimate the importance of good, honest service. I have a similar (though not quite as heartbreaking) story about my Garrison acoustic after Gibson bought the company last year. Good luck to you.

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well I took it in today and said my last goodbye's to this guitar. I watched them fill out the warranty paper work so the new tech could get paid to look at it. They put on the paper to be sent in "do not return this guitar, customer will not accept anything but a replacement".

Honestly, it was a beautiful guitar. It played well and was nice and fast. It just sounded horrible.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

What's the turn-around-time?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

What's the turn-around-time?
I've been told 90 days.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Wow!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Wow!
90 days without this guitar will feel absolutly normal. You see its spent 14 months of its life in the shop trying to be fixed or replaced.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2