Clear all

ProMag or Woody.

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I was wondering what peoples thoughts on the Seymour Duncan Woody, and the Dean Markely ProMag were. I'm getting one of them for Christmas, and need to decided on which one. Do they both mount the same? Does one sound better? Is one more reliable? And so on and so forth.

Thanks

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

From experience I can only speak to the Markley pickup- I have one in my 6 string and I love it, nice mellow tone, amplifies the toone of your guitar without changing it. Duncan on the other hand has an unblemished record of quality

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i have a promag, and it works well. My only complaint is, mine's single coil, and it hums alot. Also, the cord is very staticy. But that said, if you're just sitting there playing, it does a good job of amplifying it faithfully and without the quackiness of the piezo. I understand the Woody is also quite good, so i guess its up to your personal preference.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i would see if i could try them out on my guitar first. of course that would eliminate all but the sound hole variety i guess :roll:
i'm partial to a "miked" sound for an acoustic pickup so i would probably go with what recreates or amplifies the guitars natural "unamplified" sound.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I have the Dean Markley ProMag Grand and it sounds excellent. All I need is an acoustic amp and I am sure it would sound even better..just can't lock in the perfect sound with the electric amp

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

A friend of mine has the promag, and I have been nothing but impressed with the sound of it. I adore the sound of my Takamine unplugged, but plugged in, his guitar (a Yamaha) absolutely blows it away.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Does the ProMag have a detachable patch-cord, or is part of the pickup? I'm looking for something that has a cord that plugs into, not connected, incase the cord breaks, like many of my cords do.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Does the ProMag have a detachable patch-cord, or is part of the pickup? I'm looking for something that has a cord that plugs into, not connected, incase the cord breaks, like many of my cords do.

If you are talkingto me then the chord is attached to the pickup...however if you are good with wires I am sure you could splice it with an adapter or something.

ReplyQuote