Notifications
Clear all

question about my playing

17 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

now a few people have told me that gamefaqs is filled with 12 year olds, but there are a few older people there who are in there 20's and some that are 16 and up.
So we've got people who are around twenty and hang around with twelve year olds? I'll take the opinions of GN forumites over that any day.
Smoke a bowl and think about it.
Hmm.... Maybe some non-destructive fun would be better. Record us some more music to critique? It's been quite a while since I listened to any of your stuff (although I think that's because I haven't been downloading what you're posting), but what I did hear was good, and I can only assume youve improved.

This keyboard layout I've got is interesting. I never know what a typo will give me. ç!

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Ok, I'm gonna go out on a limb here. You should consider what they say as incentive to improve. I'm no Steve Vai nor Jimi Hendrix but I know that even with what skill I have I still wouldn't post something unless I was absoulutely confident in it from some aspect whether it be compositional or performance. I have to admit I demand a lot from something that I listen to.

You can't be angry at someone you've never met nor likely ever will. The one track I listened to from one of the posters there is really tight.

Don't be looking for praise everywhere you post. Look for honesty. Even if it's harsh, as long as it's honest, you can learn from it. Think of it as a reality check. It's better to gain an honest opinion now than to go around thinking you're all that only to find that your not. The shorter the fall the better. Chances are you will survive the fall and the next time you make your perch it will be on sturdier grounds.

I would be lying if I said I thought you were an awsome guitarist. You have improved, however, immensly since I heard your first post. Now you have a goal set before you. Practice and make sure that your next post will be as perfect as it can be. Don't give anyone another opportunity to question your abilities. Of course someone always will and at that point you will set your next goal.

Keep on practicing and compare your playing to your favorite cd's. Listen for why the cd's sound so good and what techniques are being used that you can apply to your playing. Try and play along note for note. That's a tough one and sobering too. For myself I suddenly realize why they're recording for major labels and I'm not. (although that's far too obvious.) Keep playing and don't give up. But also don't let your opinion of yourself get beyond your ability. Humility lends itself as a tool to improvement.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2