Skip to content
Recording Studio Sh...

Notifications
Clear all

Recording Studio Should be Complete Now...

25 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I just got a great deal off eBay on the following:

-Behringer EURORACK UB802 8 input Mixer

-SHURE BG 5.1 Microphone (padded case)

-4 1/4 Jack Cables, Some short, one is 30 or 50ft.

-XLR Cable For MICROPHONE

-Various RCA connectors

All this WITH shipping came to $70 and should arrive late next week I HOPE!!

I believe the SHURE 5.1 Mic is a condesor mic and I have seen them as high as $159. The mixer is $49 retail and all the cords are a bonus. The M-Audio Buddy I won should be hear early next week so I can finally start recording with my V-Amp on the laptop instead of the GuitarPort on my desktop.

The reason I did this is because I do all my practicing in the living room on the V-Amp. It's a pain when I want to record something to go to the GuitarPort and try to find thesame tone I was using. Plus the living room is more comfortable.

I think I got a great deal...what do you think

I am also thinking about getting the
Behringer HPS-3000 Studio Headphones
for $25. I have read great reviews on these headphones...

And to answer your question...YES I think Behringer is making great products and they are the best bang for the buck. I have the GMX210 Amp as well.

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Congrats Mike. I almost bid against you on that package but said nope, "no way I would win against Mike" HaHa

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Congrats Mike. I almost bid against you on that package but said nope, "no way I would win against Mike" HaHa

You're a gentleman Nils! When I set up my eBay account I was reluctant on using this nick because I figured some of the lurkers would jack the prices up on me...LOL!

It was at $37 for the longest time and then right at the end someone raised it to $52. My max was only $56 and I was in bed when the auction ended so I am lucky this guy quit! The seller seems cool as well. He is trying to find the cheapest shipping method. It was $20 for USPS (kind of high for an 11 lb package but he said they raised their rates. (they did!)...

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

ok let me start and dare you laugh ..

Shoot now ....GASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :evil: :lol:

Thats me..

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

ok let me start and dare you laugh ..

Shoot now ....GASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :evil: :lol:

Thats me..

Rahul

I have heard that Indian food gives you gas but DARN Rahul! You need to get that checked by a doctor!!! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Mike the gas i am talking about is Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

By the way thanks for the concern...just had my dinner now...slurp..will worry about all types of gases later..:wink:

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Mike the gas i am talking about is Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

By the way thanks for the concern...just had my dinner now...slurp..will worry about all types of gases later..:wink:

Rahul

I know what G.A.S means Rahul...I was just joking because you have been posting it ALOT lately... :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Hi Mike
Tell us what think when you have tested all your new gears.
You will then have more or less the same things that i´ve got.
But I have only two dynamic mic´s, one very old Sennheiser MD 421 and brand new Behringer XM 8500.
And more cables of different types that I really need.

The small and compact UB802 mixer has already been very useful. Not only for recording, but during a little jamsession the other day. We where three guys with acoustic guitars (with integrated mics) that wanted to play with amps. Instead of all of us carrying our amps to one of the guys home, whe used his very nice Laney acoustic amp and my mixer to connect all the guitars.

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Wow Mike! congrats on the Ebay aquisition.
i also have the same mixer and i have to agree that Behringer is making much better products now.

i might suggest to anyone who needs a great mic that the behringer XM8500 at MF for $20 is a really surprisingly good mic http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/search/detail/base_pid/270490/

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

i also have the same mixer and i have to agree that Behringer is making much better products now.

i might suggest to anyone who needs a great mic that the behringer XM8500 at MF for $20 is a really surprisingly good mic http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/search/detail/base_pid/270490/

There is also This special that MF is running. The reviews aren't bad for a free mic & cable when you buy the stand. I might get this since I need a stand anyway.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Looks like you did real good, Mike.

I hope it all is what you expect it to be.

Good luck with your recordings. Now maybe we can get you in Guess that Riff, soon? Hmmmm????? :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

There is also This special that MF is running. The reviews aren't bad for a free mic & cable when you buy the stand. I might get this since I need a stand anyway.

i must have just missed that one. i did get the same stand tho when i was at MF a couple of weeks ago. wish i coulda' got the deal with the mic thrown in

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Well I just got a pleasant surprise today. The person I bought this mixer from told me he shipped it USPS and when it didn't arrive Saturday I figured I wouldn't see it until Tuesday. Well my doorbell rang and it was UPS..with my mixer! I was totally shocked and happy! I need to let it warm up since it was cold and must have been in the truck a while. I am SURE I will have some questions about using this!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Well I just got a pleasant surprise today. The person I bought this mixer from told me he shipped it USPS and when it didn't arrive Saturday I figured I wouldn't see it until Tuesday. Well my doorbell rang and it was UPS..with my mixer! I was totally shocked and happy! I need to let it warm up since it was cold and must have been in the truck a while. I am SURE I will have some questions about using this!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So are you saying you are going into recluse RnD for a bit?

We await your reviews!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Your recording studio complete? Hahaha, poor deluded soul. A recording studio is never complete...

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2