Skip to content
Recording Studio Sh...

Notifications
Clear all

Recording Studio Should be Complete Now...

25 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Your recording studio complete? Hahaha, poor deluded soul. A recording studio is never complete...

Well Arjen, as usual you are right AGAIN! I just got this Behringer VIRTUALIZER PRO DSP2024P from eBay for $66. It goes for $99 new. I got it for an effect unit for acoustic and vocals (if I ever get the nerve to sing!). Plus I just got aset of headphones today as well (Behringer HPS3000 Studio Headphones). Yes it's ALL Behringer!

I plan on doing my review of all the Behringer equipment I own (at least the stuff I use most) soon. I am really getting into recording and it is helping me learn alot about my playing, the guitar, my abilities, and of course recording!

What will it be next!!! Or should I dare ask...What do YOU suggest!!

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Holy macaroni MIKE, you are an eBaycoholic and a Behringer fan.

Do you plan to use this Multi-Effects Processor in the FX loop of your UB802 mixer?

Now that you have all of this recording studio stuff (V-Amp, Mic, Pre-Amp, Mixer , FX processor, a good sound card, good headphones and a good Amp) we want hear your guitars and voice at Hear Here....

But I have something you don´t have.....
I built myself a Line Level Equilizer box (impressing name !) to reduce the high (professional) output line level from UB802 mixer to the lower (home equipment) input line level of my soundcards.
It is just a small box with two 1/4 " mono jacks and two RCA female jacks as input and two RCA female jacks and a 1/8"stereo jack as output.
Between the input and output jacks there is resistor network reducing the signal approximatly 12 dB ( four times).
This means that when I increase the output level of the Mixer to its clipping level, the input level of the soundcard will also reach its clipping level. This will hopefully give me the optimum signal/noice ratio of the mixer and the soundcard.

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I built myself a Line Level Equilizer box (impressing name !) to reduce the high (professional) output line level from UB802 mixer to the lower (home equipment) input line level of my soundcards.
It is just a small box with two 1/4 " mono jacks and two RCA female jacks as input and two RCA female jacks and a 1/8"stereo jack as output.
Between the input and output jacks there is resistor network reducing the signal approximatly 12 dB ( four times).
This means that when I increase the output level of the Mixer to its clipping level, the input level of the soundcard will also reach its clipping level. This will hopefully give me the optimum signal/noice ratio of the mixer and the soundcard.

I think your going to have to make another one and put it on eBay for Mike :twisted: :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I think your going to have to make another one and put it on eBay for Mike :twisted: :lol:

Just put a Behringer label on it and I'll buy it!

On a side note Kalle...I don't even come close to the clipping level when I record. I just go to 0db which is supposed to be optimal according to the UB802 manual. Any higher I get too much bass and distortion. But I am still learning as well. I also have the m-Audio buddy so that can lower the signal as well.

On a side side note...In the Hear Hear sedction I recorded LB's version of Rider's on the Storm with my acoustic and the new mic I have. The acoustic sounds good I think.

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

My home studio consists of:

1.) $10 Walmart mike that just broke.

2.) PC

3.) Thats it. :D

I just use a boss loop station to record my playing and listen back for improvements, etc. Vocals are another thing, but I can't sing anyway...or at least I don't think I can. My friends say otherwise, but I'm sure they are just being nice lol

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Hi Mike
My Line Level Equilizer box now has Behringer label...

If you send a 0 dBu (0,775 V) output level (from the mixer) into the line input of a typical PC soundcard this level could be close to the clipping level of the soundcards inputs A/D converters.
This is due to the fact that semiprofessional equipment as the UB802 mixer has a reference line level of 4 dBu (approx 1V) while a home recording equipment as a PC soundcard has a reference line level of - 10 dBV (approx 0,3 V).
My little magic box reduces the mixers output level to the soundcard input jack with just these figures (1V/0.3V = 3,3 times)

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

AHHHHHH...You learn something new everyday! Do they make aftermarket ones I can purchase?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

AHHHHHH...You learn something new everyday! Do they make aftermarket ones I can purchase?

Thanks

Until you get an attenuator, just set up your output level to peak at about -10 dB on your mixer output metering.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Thanks

Until you get an attenuator, just set up your output level to peak at about -10 dB on your mixer output metering.

Thanks gnease...it will be a while before I get one of these. Those puppies are EXPENSIVE. Even eBay I can't find many for under $100.

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Mike
I don´t think it´s possible to buy this little attenuating box.
But is was dead simple to build this box, all the parts costs approx 10 USD at a Radio Shack type of shop.
If you can use a drill and a solder iron it´s a piece a cake to build one.

A small plastic box H= 2", W=3",L=4"
4 pcs RCA female chassi jacks
2 pcs 1/4 mono chassi jack (this is optional input jacks, connected in parallel with RCA input jacks)
1 pc 1/8" stereo chassi jack (this is an optional jack, connected in parallel with RCA output jacks)

2 pcs of 150 ohm resistors (connected between signal and ground on output jacks)
2 pcs of 330 ohm resistors (connected between signal on input jacks and signal on output jacks)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2