Clear all

Right-angle cables with Telecasters?

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Seems my instrument cables with right-angle plugs don't fit far enough into the vintage-style cup-and-jack on the Tele. Do any of you Tele blasters use right angle cables, and if so, which ones? And if you roll your own, which plugs do you use? (I know one option is to replace the cup with an Electrosocket, but I don't really want to ... ) Or do you just use straight plugs and let 'em hang?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

(@roundi)
Estimable Member

I have no suggestions for you, sorry. I have only ever used the straight variety of cords. I do think they polk out a long way though and often thought a right angle one would be nice. Now those guitars with the plug right on the front I always think look absolutley goofy without the right angle type of cord. It sticks out a couple of inches from the guitar uck!

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I like right angle cables for my Tele. I loop the cable over the strap and down to the socket. The right-angle head sits really flush to the body.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I like right angle cables for my Tele. I loop the cable over the strap and down to the socket. The right-angle head sits really flush to the body.

Oh, yes, I tend to roll my own.

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Oh, yes, I tend to roll my own.

What brand of plugs? I have some G&H but they are too short ...

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

I wrote a post at the beginning of the question, but deleted it. I looked for a link to Evolution guitar cables for an hour and can't find any... I don't know where to refer you to. Recently here, another player gave me an Evolution gold, and curly cord with a right angle end which fits right into the typical recessed Tele, and does not require an Electrosocket. I think straight plugs are easier to get in and I like the 90 degree bend at the amp! Off topic but I need to have 90 degrees on my A/E's too with end pin jack or they look as if they are sprouting tails. :shock:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks bud. I ended up ordering an electrosocket ... a lot easier and cheaper to replace that than all the plugs on my cables. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I have no idea what brand they are, I buy them from an electrical supplier in Munich. They're not up-market things, but they do the job.

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote