Clear all

set up site for GOOD acoustic tabs

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
 ngng
(@ngng)
Topic starter  

Lately, when I've been with my friends I keep hearing people ask, "What's a cool song to play, you know, a chill song, something that sounds good on acoustic." Over and over and over again.

sooo, I put this together:
http://www.acousticsongtabs.com

The idea behind it is, instead of asking over and over again, if people upload song tabs that sound cool and they like, we'll never have to ask again :p

I put up about 50 of my favorite songs to play, maybe you guys have some songs you like (otherwise it's just songs that I like)

I just fixed it so it shows songs with recordings too :p

(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member

Welcome to guitarnoise!

well, I suppose the nature of tab is that it can't be a loose translation, so I put up "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" for my pick

you should check out the Easy Song Databas here, probably find a lot of good songs, and the guy who does most of them, Wes, is super-accurate and writes easily readable tabs. though most of them are electric

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

My only slight criticism would be the way names are sorted - Eric Clapton should be under C not E and the Beatles should be under B not T.

It's not so bad as long as the list is short, but you will end up with hundreds of groups under T, because they all start wth "the ...".

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 Pup
(@pup)
Estimable Member

Grey beard has a very good point.

Later when i have time i will submitt a couple to your database,

good job by the way! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member

Thanks so much for submitting. Looks like you got a great system in the works.

Just dont let the desire for more and more tabs beat out the need quality control. I would hate to see some metal songs end up there. Not that they dont have their place, just not on an acoustic tab site.

Kido

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Lately, when I've been with my friends I keep hearing people ask, "What's a cool song to play, you know, a chill song, something that sounds good on acoustic." Over and over and over again.

Best chill song, The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin... it's almost impossible to arrange from ONE guitar in standard tuning though.

Anyways, cool site... I'm glad that you have some quality Dave Matthews Band tabs up there, not too many sites have quality dave matthews tabs.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@idiot85204)
Trusted Member

Nice Set up. The only thing that I can say is dont give up. Last time i tried to make a web page i failed miserably.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Giving up is easy which I say from experience since I maintained a motorcycle site which got boring since it was one way with only me adding content. If you look at it from the perspective of "it is a good place to store my tabs" and make it easy for other to add (with some quality control) then you also get new stuff. Since I play both acoustic and electric I will dig through my stuff and post what is appropriate.

Oh yeah, good start, I already grabbed a couple..

Are you also interested in power tabs or just manual text files?

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

Nice site! I have already printed up a few and plan to work on them once I have the chance!

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote