Clear all

shoulder pain

24 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Did you get an MRI? That will tell the doc the most. I would say if its just pain you could have injured it again, if it hurts when you move it too thats when it freezes up because you have no desire to move it, which is where the PT comes in, which is what the doc will tell ya when the devices come off

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I'd really like to know if that Cortizone shot helped you. Cuz I have had several in the past, never for my sholder, and they work about as good as Grape Kool Aid.

Best of Luck to Ya!

I get shoulder pain once in a while. It is caused by just about anything, like working out too hard or too much or sleeping the wrong way. Playing the guitar has hurt it too. Working on the PC will aggravate it if it is already flaired up. Since I am testing out my new guitar now, I have been trying to work through the pain. Basically I just play for about 30 minutes(several times a day) at a time instead of my normal 3 or 4 hour benge(how the heck do you spell that). LOL

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

binge

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'd really like to know if that Cortizone shot helped you. Cuz I have had several in the past, never for my sholder, and they work about as good as Grape Kool Aid.

Its the first time I had one so all I can say is it did seem to make movement easier. I got it 3 days ago its suppose to last a month or so, so maybe it hasn't peaked yet. It decreases inflamation it won't fix an injurey. You mentioned you have shoulder issues, one cause sleeping wrong, thats i'm sure what set off mine. If your pain goes away and doesn't restrict movement your probably ok but if its chronic check it out

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

Well If I am careful and not very active it goes away in a few days, sometimes lasting a couple of weeks. Sleeping on my back with the injured shoulder stretched out almost perpendicular to my body seems to help.

Joint pains suck. I have joint pains everywhere. I guess I have arthritis. Never asked a doc if he thought I had it.

AS for the BINGE spelling. Thanks. I remember back when I was just a pup, I could spell darn near inything. LOL. Not Now.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i also have left shoulder pain. i spoke to my school's in-house therapist who said i actually have a strained muscle in my back that's pulling my shoulder and causing pain. and i'm overcompensating for it which caused muscle strain through my collarbone area and some of the chest muscles. that whole area is a big muscle spasm sometimes.

eh, im alive, that's what matters

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

If you'd let that arm down now and then, it'd help.
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

but how else would i look cool?

or pretend im bono for that matter?

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@progressions)
Reputable Member

but how else would i look cool?