Clear all

So my Strat Deluxe fell off the wall...

37 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone for the kind words! We are healing together...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Steve, I feel so bad for you. I know how well you take care of your guitars. That (IMHO) is simply a tragedy.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@scooter17)

Hi I would like to take the time to tell you guys about these really new and cool wall or ceiling hangers I have came across they are super strong and as long as they are fitted correctly there is no way that your pride and joy can fall off the wall

www.wiamusic.com

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well Dali if you still have that damaged, worthless hunk of wood and metal and you want to get rid of it I'll send you my address and you can send it to me to get it out of your way!

I bought a new Epi LP a couple months ago and within the first two days it fell over and put a nice dent int he headstock...I was pissed but oh well nothing I could do about it

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@yoavts)

hi gnease,
Now days I'm searching the web for the best wall hanger and I have read your post carefully,
* does the guitar (electric & acoustic) are far enough from the wall (so the guitar paint wont damage)?
* the hanger base was made of steel and now it is made of fiberglass - is it good? Reliable?
* Is the neck "cradle" has sort of cloth to protect the neck finish
just wanted to know if you will have the same conclusion today too becuse i'm about to buy them and it seems that you have tried them out.

thanks a head,
yoav

ReplyQuote
 JKHC
(@jkhc)
Trusted Member

I also saw that these are highly rated, and some people who have strats mentioned that the rubber knobs helped.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/String-Swing-Metal-Guitar-Wall-Hanger?sku=450240

I have 3 of those by FretRest. No chance of the guitars falling and they aren't really more expensive than normal hangers. Try them.
Just thought I'd mention, I'm gonna get a MIM Strat tomorrow or Saturday. Saw a used one at a local store for $420 without many mark on it. Beautiful sunburst :D

When we started the band, it was because we were waiting for a sound that never happened. We got tired of waiting, and we decided to just do it ourselves. - Mike Shinoda

ReplyQuote
(@sunnibear)
Trusted Member

S**t happens! If it makes you feel any better.....Last year while I endured the pain of watching my girlfriend of 17 years pass away in an out of town hospital, my home was broken it to. The casualties extended to ALL my gear, including my 1959 les Paul, my other pride and joy. We do endure! Has the pain dulled any yet?

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3