Notifications
Clear all

Songs in 13/8 time.

18 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Rahul: shuffles are generally 4/4. 12/8 is common in blues.

Demoetc: Enjoyed your tunes as well.

I am a fan of King Crimson. They often do a lot of odd times.

I wish I was better at counting. I have a tune or two that I can't count for the life of me. I always thought they were in straight time but for some reason I can't count them as such. :shrug:

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Yeah, Demo, that kind of music reminds me of the Windham Hill label and their group of musicians. Good stuff.

Thanks a lot. It is a bit different from what we're doing now, but it sure was fun to do. :)

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Rahul: shuffles are generally 4/4. 12/8 is common in blues.

Demoetc: Enjoyed your tunes as well.

I am a fan of King Crimson. They often do a lot of odd times.

I wish I was better at counting. I have a tune or two that I can't count for the life of me. I always thought they were in straight time but for some reason I can't count them as such. :shrug:

Hey thanks hueseph!

For me, it's easier to break things up into 2s and 3s (easier to remember), and see when it seems to 'start over' again with the strongest beat. That's for the ones with an 8th feel, like 5, 7, 11, 13, etc. Jeff Beck's "Diamond Dust" feels like 5/8 for instance, but it's slow, so I count something like that as 12345, 12345. That one to me feels a little more like 5/4 because it doesn't have that 'weak beat' in the middle of the measure.

Anyhow, thanks again for listening!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2