Clear all

Stairway to Heaven solo

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@number6)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I've been working on it on and off for a while, but I've always had trouble with the part about 2/3 through where you repeat the same bit 8 times. Every time I play, the emphasis is on the first note before the bend, whereas in the song the emphases is on the bend itself. I've tried accenting the bend and trying to play the first note quieter, but it hasn't helped. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

The hunger site. Click once a day to give free food.

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

This might sound weird but listen to it like mad until you get the sound of that part in your head, that should help for the most part. Remember that sometimes it just takes a while to get it, but knowing how it sounds is half the battle, I used to try to duplicate solos without listening to how they sound but I realised that you really have to know how it sounds before you try it or else the timing will be completely off and it'll sound BAD.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@rip-this-joint)
Estimable Member

Yeah, once you listen to it enough, you can start to feel it when you play it. Which really makes it sound good.

ReplyQuote
(@number6)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

This might sound weird but listen to it like mad until you get the sound of that part in your head, that should help for the most part. Remember that sometimes it just takes a while to get it, but knowing how it sounds is half the battle, I used to try to duplicate solos without listening to how they sound but I realised that you really have to know how it sounds before you try it or else the timing will be completely off and it'll sound BAD.

Heh... I need to track down a copy of Zeppelin 4 (and some money!) then, given the fact I don't own the song.

I'm using fairly good TAB from a magazine, it has all the timing written in. The part in question though is an 8th note triplet containing a 16th note triplet, and they're connected together with a bend.

The hunger site. Click once a day to give free food.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Theoretically, you could count it out but i think it would just be alot easier to play that part by ear.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote