Still Got The Blues

20 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Larsko, here is the tab I'm working from, exported from Guitar Pro:

Cool - turning off lights and putting on headset as I write :)

Lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@xxlocoxx)

I love Gary Moores work, I only learnt Still Got The Blues a couple of months ago and I find it a great song to warm up before a gig or practice.

We also play Walking in our pub band and I love just cracking that lead Gary Moore style. 8)

Jimmy

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Finally got round to playing along to this backing track this evening. What a great tune to jam along to. You can really express yourself with this one.

Two hours have flown by just improvising over the top of it.

A great way to spend an evening.

I'm fairly new to the guitar but I'm comfortable with pentaonics so I was able to create some quite acceptable noise.

Mrs Chuckster said it sounded good anyway. :lol:

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@niklas)
Reputable Member

I too love this song. It's really fun to play around with the backing track. I don't think the lead parts are very easy though. I can play them now but it took a lot of practice. Of course I can't play the fast runs in the second half of the solos, but most of it.
The hard part is to get all the bends perfect in tune, and if you miss one it just sounds horibble. The tone is another thing hard to come close too...

"Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage."

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Yeah! It is a great song.

I'm a long way from attempting GMs version of the lead. But then he has been playing a little longer than me. :lol: I just love trying different fills and runs using the minor pentatonic. Great for "breaking out" of the patterns used to learn the scales and start improvising, creating my own licks and generally "discovering" the fretboard.

I'm developing quite a library of bt's to work with. A good selection of different styles and tempos. I try to make a couple of practice sessions a week "jam" sessions where I play along to bts. It makes a nice break from concentrating on a particular technique. It keeps thing fun and interesting.

Enjoy.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2