Notifications
Clear all

sup

28 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I currently only have two guitars, and I like them both. One is my Epi Les Paul Classic Plus and the other is an Epi AJ-1 acoustic that is my lug around guitar (usually left at the girlfriends place). To be honest, that $99 AJ-1 plays really well and I find myself noodling around on it a lot. The rest of my gear is a Marshall MG15DFX amp, a '65 Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue, Ibanez TS-7 pedal, Behringer UB502 mixer, and a Behringer XM8500 mic.

I really do love my LP though, as it was my first guitar and a gift from my girlfriend. It gets played everyday (just about anyway) and I will never part with it. My next guitar will probably be a MIM Strat. The guitar that I'm gasing for though is a Gibson SG. In a few years when I get better as a player, I'll probably pick one up.

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

Well my favorite is my Gibson Les Paul Standard.

It cost me right about $2200. Alot of money, but in my mind worth every penny.

Whoops! You got ripped off!

If there's one thing I've learned from the Les Paul Forum guys, it's to never buy a Les Paul from GC or Musician's Friend. Most of the time their prices are competitive, but they really jack LP's up. Head to Centre City Music or Wildwood and you won't pay more than 1700 for a new Standard, and it'll come with a great set up.

And 2200? The high street price is 2000 right now anyways, is that including a case or did you get it somewhere where it was even... more :shock: ?

Well the only music stores near me that carry LPs are SamAsh and GC. The price was just about the same from place to place, and I refuse to buy guitars online so...

Now that I think about it though, I did buy a bunch of other stuff with it. This really nice strap I have been eyeing and a bunch of strings.

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

All I have is my fender MiM standard stratocasterin black with white pick guard. . Great guitar, but I wanna replace with an epi elitist les paul, es 333, or epi g 400 custom

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Oh.. and sorry to burst your bubbly somebody_someone, but I think Korn broke up. Apparently the lead singer "Found God" and doesn't want to sing that kind of music. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

I heard about that. Apparently the lead singer suddenly found God and got baptized in the jordan river i think. He's now a very spirirtual person. A HUGE leap from what he used to do

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

OMG no, well as long as Nirvana is still around.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

LMAO
Nick you have a way with words :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@davec)
Trusted Member

I have to say atm my 7 string is my fav guitar atm, tuned down a step (which is admittedly the same as korn but i play other stuff).. though unlike korn it has a 27" scale length and heavier gauge strings so it doesn't sound like mud.. increasing the gauge (mainly on the lowest string) actually improved the intonation as well. I can't understand how they play the guitar they do with the gauges... be too much like rubber bands for me :)

Also i must have a special knack to break the 60 gauge strings which was the 7th string.... now got a 65 there instead, sounds and plays so much better.. though i'm still considering either a higher gauge or maybe a half round string.

Still i also have an SG copy, which is also a great guitar :D

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on earth." - Eric Idle, The Galaxy Song.

ReplyQuote
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

I have a Seagull s6=cedar, and a Raimundo classical. I like playing both, but the Seagull lends itself to more music styles. I would like to get a smaller body Seagull, either the Folk, or the Grand, but we only have one dealer carrying them in Orlando. At the moment they are having trouble getting any seagulls from their distributor. Anybody have any suggestions, or know of another place, near Orlando?

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Oh, and I don't think it was the singer, I think it was the guitarist. Betrayal!

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@abeidson)
Trusted Member

I only have 2.. A washburn D-10 which is my favorite .. I love the tone and for the 100 bucks I paid for it .. the sound just can't be beat. I also have a 1964 Ventura Bruno that has been passed down 3 generations.. and that as you can probably tell has sentimental value, not the best sound but it is good to practice on.

Looking to find an electric to start playing on...

I wanna Rock N Roll all night... Ahh who am I kidding I'll be in bed at 9 pm....

ReplyQuote
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member

Charvel bought back in 1990, $1,700.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst, 2004 model (Sam Ash) $2,900.
Segull 12 string accoustic.

Like them all, the Gibson is my new main squeeze though.

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Epiphone SG Copy

MIM White Strat

and my newest toy which I will pick up tomorrow

Jackson DK2 Pro Series Dinky yellow/orange w/blue flames

and it wasn't the singer from Korn that quit it was one of the guitar players

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2