Clear all

Thank You Guitar Noise

26 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

This is not a post about me, but I have noticed some people have been thanking me for some of my services here at GN lately, …………SO!

I would like to thank some of the people that have helped me - Paul, Nick, David, Tim (Musenfreund), Graham (greybeard), Laz, Greg (gnease), Hue (hueseph), Wes Inman, Joe (forrok_star), Nils, A-J, Tom (NoteBoat), Arjen, Dennis (corbind), paul donnelly, Vic Lewis, Jim (Geoo), DemoEtc, missileman, and the list goes on!

As stated before, it's the mods and ALL of the great folks here at GN that make this site great!

Thank you Paul for the great opportunity to have this GREAT site that we all call home…..guitarnoise!

P.S. – Sorry if I forgot anyone, but it is hard to keep up with all of the intelligent posts here!

A very thankful,

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

This is a great resource. I've yet to have an issue that wasn't discussed fully and insightfully on these pages.

I've been involved with a number of forums, in different capacities, and the people here are definitely among the best - most friendly and helpful I've found.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

I completly agree, cant get enough of this place! First thing I do when I get home from work is crack a beer and see whats goin on here :)

blackzerogsh, I think your sig pretty much sums it up :lol:

glad to see someone has truly noticed it. If anyone's wondering, I saw it on the epiphone website forums, and it's stuff like that which gets me mad. I told that guy to not to say antyhing if its not helpful, because his answer was compeltely unneccesary and dumb

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Don't just clap - throw money! :twisted:

Whoops. Sorry. Musicians. No money. Keep clapping then.....

Loud applause and thanks from me too. I'm constantly amazed at the generosity of so many of the people here who give their time and knowledge away for free - even though it may also be the stock in trade of their livelihood.

Inspirational and motivational. Wonderful place. :)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm not a forum kind of guy, except for this one. Everyone keeps it friendly here. If I wanted to see people bash each other, I'd accept more meeting requests at work. :lol:

Add to it an incredible site with great articles and great lessons, it's quite a package.

While we're at it, I've been admiring the "kids" on this forum for their input and maturity. I've seen and not joined in on so many other forums because of poor behavior by their age group.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

I've never been involved in a community such as this before where so many are willing to give of their experience, their knowledge and their time to those they only know as a screen name or logo or avatar.

To give a leg up to those that need it. To mark the path so that others may follow. These are the great traits of those that wander these boards giving guidance. True leadership is not only how fast you can forge ahead but also making sure that those that are following do not fall too far behind.

I too have been to sites where respect is checked at the door and bashing each other is common and trashing the innocent is good sport.

GN is the standard others should strive for.

Rock on...
Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Wow, thanks.

Front page or forum, it's the people who contribute who make this a great place. Case in point, I don't think I've ever seen a set of posts like this anywhere else on a major guitar forum.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

It is truly the finest asylum for the musically insane on the net with a class of inmates unlike those found in any other musical madhouse!

It's a great community and like all of you I'm glad I found it.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

"COMMUNITY" is the catch-word.....it's like a bunch of good mates who've known each other for years (but there's always room for new friends...) hanging out togeter....hell, I've made so many friends here, I'd have to go most of the way down the Memberlist to make sure I didn't leave anyone out...

There are some very fine musicians, tutors and writers on this site, without exception their egos are left at the front door....and none of them are ever condescending or patronising.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Wow, thanks.

Front page or forum, it's the people who contribute who make this a great place. Case in point, I don't think I've ever seen a set of posts like this anywhere else on a major guitar forum.

Thats why we all are so special :) :) :)

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Simply superb. I have posted many threads before about how great this site is.

A big thanks to everyone that's contributed to it!!

great membership
great mods
great subject matter

= great site

Matt :D

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2