20 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@steves)
Estimable Member

Hey Bish,

I googled gold plating and found this:

http://www.goldplater.com/

You could probably send the cover to get plated. Just an idea.

Steve

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Too funny, Lars but good point none the less.

Thanks, Steve. That place looks dangerous! :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

bikes, guitars, don't see the link, but, oh well, if it floats the boat, go with it 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Bist,

It looks good! I think the suburst looks really good with the black pickguard (mine came with white, just like yours..)
play more, mod less :roll:

But, there's something to be said for this .. I spent a few hours modding my Epi Valve Junior, and I've got more planned, but for the time being, I figured I will become a better guitar player even through a lesser amp if I spend more time playing :-)

I've decided to resist all tempation to mod the '51, except for setup. I've got to go work on it some more, there's a little "metallic" sound coming from somewhere, and the intonation is not quite right.

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Bist,

It looks good! I think the suburst looks really good with the black pickguard (mine came with white, just like yours..)
play more, mod less :roll:

But, there's something to be said for this .. I spent a few hours modding my Epi Valve Junior, and I've got more planned, but for the time being, I figured I will become a better guitar player even through a lesser amp if I spend more time playing :-)

I've decided to resist all tempation to mod the '51, except for setup. I've got to go work on it some more, there's a little "metallic" sound coming from somewhere, and the intonation is not quite right.

First off, what's this Bist, thing? :lol:

Your rattle if I'm not mistaken is coming from the saddle height adjustment screws. If you don't have them both snug, one side will rattle. Just make sure both adjustment screws are touching the bridge equally. To tell by touch, just run your finger tip over all the 12 little screws and you'll be able to find the loose one.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2