The Thrill Is Gone...

15 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

When I was at the shop playing with all the Teles, before I left I picked up an Epiphone Wildakt to noodle around. I always liked the look of the turquoise ones.

It is very well made, and is definitely a player. Good tone clean, and ripping distorted. I did some hammer-ons and pull-offs and they sounded better than any of ther guitar I have played. Most of the time I have to really pound with my finger to get hammer-ons to sound, and pull-offs don't resonate much, or so it seems. Really nice, low action, beautiful finish, and a Bigsby. One of the nicest guitars for the money I have ever touched.

And I had no interest in buying it whatsoever. That used to be a "dream guitar" of mine, too.

Weird.

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

And I had no interest in buying it whatsoever. That used to be a "dream guitar" of mine, too.

Weird.Maybe you should've titled this "The GAS Is Gone." :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Weird? Nah Moai: you've just gotten imune!

In a way (but maybe for different reasons) like me. I guess I'm just more into the music now and less into what instrument to use while making it. :)

Congrats :)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Sensory Overload?

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hee hee, maybe.

I am actually glad, that's the first time I was ever in a guitar store and played more than two guitars! I wasn't in there to buy, eiter, so that may have had something to do with the vibe. My mind is so focused on the Tribute I want all else pales by comparison. I have to remember to eat sometimes....

It's nice that I don'thave to join a GAS 12-step program, though! :lol:

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hee hee, maybe.

I believe that is a 12-String program :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Sensory Overload?Not a nice thought when discussing GAS.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Hee hee, maybe.

I am actually glad, that's the first time I was ever in a guitar store and played more than two guitars! I wasn't in there to buy, eiter, so that may have had something to do with the vibe. My mind is so focused on the Tribute I want all else pales by comparison. I have to remember to eat sometimes....

i absolutely cannot go into a guitar store and try out or at least pick up less than 3 or 4 guitars.
i really believe it would be impossible 8)
the last trip i went to MF i forgot my wife and kids were out in the truck and i got in a whole buncha trouble over that :oops:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

the last trip i went to MF i forgot my wife and kids were out in the truck and i got in a whole buncha trouble over that :oops:

At that point you should have just taken a taxi to the next shop since you were in trouble anyway :lol: :twisted:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

At that point you should have just taken a taxi to the next shop since you were in trouble anyway :lol: :twisted: Now THIS guy, he understands us!

Here's one I've learned from being married:

If your spouse asks (even jokingly) wheather you'd rather have them or a guitar, it is never appropriate to say "What kind of guitar?"

I repeat, never.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

See, my wife understands me.

She said, "You like your guitars better than me". I said, "What's your point".

We are still living happily ever after :D , heck, she even gave me half the money for my Taylor 310CE! :shock: :D

Love is a powerful thing!

:D :D :D

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Love is a powerful thing!

Your right. I love my Taylor 310 also :twisted:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

when the Mrs says to me "You love (sniff) those guitars more than me" I usually reply, "I love my keyboard more than you".....

and then DUCK.....

she knows I love her really....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

At that point you should have just taken a taxi to the next shop since you were in trouble anyway :lol: :twisted: Now THIS guy, he understands us!

Here's one I've learned from being married:

If your spouse asks (even jokingly) wheather you'd rather have them or a guitar, it is never appropriate to say "What kind of guitar?"

I repeat, never.

cute baby says "On the Nose"

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

hmmmmm i once had a girl once who was chuffed that i said i loved her more than my guitars... sometimes you just have to lie.

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote