Third guitar?

34 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I was wondering about these guitars here:

http://www.music123.com/BC-Rich-NJ-Classic-Mockingbird-Electric-Guitar-i158741.music

http://www.music123.com/BC-Rich-SE-Dagger-Semi-Hollow-i158737.music

I was thinking about putting some money away for it because......well I want to and I can. Can't think of any reasons past that. I read a review in a magazine about it. Said the neck was fast, very durable and pickups that are 'hotter than hell.' I was wondering if anyone has one, has used one, knows someone that has one or has tried one.

(@97reb)
Noble Member

I have had my eye on some BC Rich guitars for a while now, including both of those models. The problem is, I have played some BC Rich in the past at a GC and was not really impressed. If I go again, I will probably look again and maybe play again. I have gotten better at guitar since the last time I played a BC Rich (over 3 years ago), and more adept at playing different kinds of guitars (neck width, scale, string guage, etc.). If you have somewhere to play some BC Rich models, then that would obviously be great.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

BC Rich are excellent - a guy I worked with a couple of years ago has one

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

A friend of mine has the dagger, along with 3 or 4 or B.C. Riches. It's not very good. The neck is stiff, and tuners suck, it sounds scrathy, the pickups are not that good.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

B.C. Rich are very good guitars. I think the Mockingbird looks great too! :D :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I played the Mockingbird and I was VERY impressed. It has a neck-through design and the humbuckers screamed. If I had my dream team of guitars, that one would be there.

I'm not a BC Rich guy (although I love Explorers) but this model is really nice - I love the color, the inlays, the feel, etc, etc...

I would definitely go towards the Mockingbird rather than the Dagger.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@total-13)
Trusted Member

not too keen on b.c rich as a whole but i definately have my eye on a classic mockingbird, they look and play brilliantly, wish i had the money to get one but it's definately gonna be my next guitar once i've saved enough.

Epiphone LP Standard trn blue ltd edition
fender squire strat (heavily modified and re painted with WOA festival logo)
Trace Elliot Super Tramp Valve 100 Combo
digtech RP3.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I'm with Dan on this one.

I've seen the Mockingbird up close and it's a nice fiddle.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

The only problem with B.C is they are known for quality control problems. Don't order one off-line, buy one in a store if possible. Even if the store orders it you can return it to the store.

If your looking for a fast neck and hot pickups- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-WRMG-Warrior-with-EMG?sku=512232

^It doesn't get much better than that. Jacksons have the fastest necks and the EMG Active Pickups are the hottest you'll find.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@total-13)
Trusted Member

i know it has nothing to do with how good the guitar actually is but christ that jackson is ugly! haha, I hate spikey guitars, which is an oddity as i'm into metal, ah well.

Epiphone LP Standard trn blue ltd edition
fender squire strat (heavily modified and re painted with WOA festival logo)
Trace Elliot Super Tramp Valve 100 Combo
digtech RP3.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I don't buy guitars for looks anyways.

Plus the EMG's will sound nice, guaranteed.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thank you for your opinions.

BC Rich guitars are hard to find an unbiased opinion on. I've searched everywhere for reviews on those guitars and found it either was a piece of junk or the greatest guitar ever. Though most say the Mockingbird is neck heavy, so that could be what's turning a lot of people from it.

I don't like that Jackson. Yes it is ugly. The neck looks kind of fat. It's also a bolt on, which seems too much for $800, especially when the Mockingbird is the same price but a neck-through. Most of all, that floating bridge........too much trouble to tune something when I never use the whammy bar.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

OWA, what do you think of this? Sort of in the same boat style-wise, but it seems to get consistent positive reviews (and lots of 'em!):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Iceman-400-Electric-Guitar?sku=519476

The Ibanez necks are great, in my opinion.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@geek-in-the-pink)
Estimable Member

I played the Mocking Bird a few weeks ago, it had a really "rock" sound to it, but it digs in to your ribs if you play standing up!!!

Good luck finding you 3rd guitar!!!

-Alex

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i've played some riches that rocked and i've played some that i would roll to the dumpster,
like any other brand, play as many as you can, and don't buy one with out playing it,.
owa, did n't you get a new explorer? oh ya, you got a new and better job, that always helps
create gas lol, just check them out real good before you buy, i would look at a dean before b.c. rick imo, good luck 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3