Notifications
Clear all

Third guitar?

34 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

There are really a fair bunch of great choices. Guitars like the Epi and PRS SE have a more muddy, warm sound where I think you're looking for a bit more balls and power. Dean indeed has a whole battery of brutal metal axes, as does Jackson, Ibanez and BC Rich. Naming a specific model is not something I'll do since I don't know your personal taste well enough to make a sane recommendation. But any of these brands, plus some of the guitars mentioned above could be exactly what you need.

ReplyQuote
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member

i have a warlock and i hate it, the neck is awful, pickups are bad i get a heavier sound out of my strat

but who knows kerry king is in one of the bigest bands on the planet and he swears by them

Lifes been Good To Me So Far

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Well, most guitar brand usually sell more then one model, not every dean puts out a big metaltone either. Warlock does aim mostly at the more louder genres of music, although it is ofcourse possible to get a lemon by accident. I personally have found a few crummy BC Rich axes as well, but these are exceptions to the rule.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ok so, BC Rich, Jackson and Dean. I think there is a store here that has all 3 of those.

Another question, is the idea behind hotter pickups that they overdrive the amp at a lower volume, or do they get distorted with less gain or both? And does this apply to solid state amps and pedals that create distortion artifically?

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3