To Career or Not to Career,, that is the question

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@storymwstring)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

ok, so i borrowed from Shakespeare so that you might read this post   ;D

Performers.. they can appear on national TV at the age of 5  (Michael Jackson)

and

Whoever heard of Kenny Rogers before he had some white in his beard?

And everyone in between.  

Imho, if it's your destiny to perform, and to excel, you will perform almost anywhere for no pay at the start of your journey to reach the level you are destined to reach.  

and after you reach that level.. you will still occasionally perform almost anywhere for almost nothing,, because you must.

Johnny Cash performed at prisons because he knew the inmates needed to hear him sing.  do you think they were a paying audience? When you are able to empathize with your audience, your career is set.

Good luck to all and perhaps see you on the road some day... only the man upstairs knows for sure.

Steve

How come you fret the guitar upside down?
I just want to play all day

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Your destiny is the dream that lies within your desired and preferred future. And the things that you choose each day are what leads the to that destiny. Your actions,words, attitudes, and our relationships. They all add up to developing and shaping destiny.

It begins.with a clear vision of you want out of life. you can manifest anything you want in life when you connect with the abundance in the Universe. Through self-improvement, self-development, building your self-esteem, accepting your worthiness, and choosing to take action, your dreams can become your reality.

You've got to be a dreamer and to envision the future.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I agree it all begins with a dream... but the difference between dreams and goals is action.  Figure out what you need to do to achieve your goal -- is it marketing, publicity, musical skills, industry contacts, funding for your recording session, etc.... then figure out how to get it, and do it.

Sounds too simple, right?  Ok... make a list of the obstacles you need to overcome.  Not enough money to buy the amp you need?  Brainstorm ways to overcome the obstacle... can you borrow one?  Trade skills to borrow one?  Work in a music store part time to get the cash (and maybe a discount), or the chance to use demo equipment?

Where there's a will, there's a way.  Find it! :)

Tom

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I think some people are just incapable of living "normal" lives, and we call these people musicians. ;D

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

The famous girl friend Quote;

"Is that all you ever do is play that guitar all the time"

My Quote;

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·->" YES "

ReplyQuote