Notifications
Clear all

To people with more than one guitar

63 Posts
32 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

If I may jump in and answer for Mr. Poonski ...... yes. That would be a locking nut. You tune up your guitar, clamp this thing down on the strings then fine tune with those little thumb screw things hanging off the bottom of the trem. Stays in tune forever regardless of how much you bend the bar. I used to have one but got rid of it as string changes, tuning and intonation got the better of me. Once they are set up though, you are good for a long time. :D Mine was on an Ibanez Radius (currently known as the JS model) and I got rid of the guitar because I found I just wasn't a trem person. Pitty, it was a nice guitar. I have a jackson with a fixed bridge now for my shred guitar. Mine is made in Japan though, I see Mr. Poonski's is made in U.S.A. 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@mr-poonski)

If I may jump in and answer for Mr. Poonski ...... yes. That would be a locking nut. You tune up your guitar, clamp this thing down on the strings then fine tune with those little thumb screw things hanging off the bottom of the trem. Stays in tune forever regardless of how much you bend the bar. I used to have one but got rid of it as string changes, tuning and intonation got the better of me. Once they are set up though, you are good for a long time. :D Mine was on an Ibanez Radius (currently known as the JS model) and I got rid of the guitar because I found I just wasn't a trem person. Pitty, it was a nice guitar. I have a jackson with a fixed bridge now for my shred guitar. Mine is made in Japan though, I see Mr. Poonski's is made in U.S.A. 8)

Great answer- Floyd's are a pain to change strings, tune, intone, etc, but once properly set up they stay in tune no matter what. I go weeks without touching the fine tuners. If I want to use different tunings I go with the SG.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Great answer- Floyd's are a pain to change strings, tune, intone, etc, but once properly set up they stay in tune no matter what. I go weeks without touching the fine tuners. If I want to use different tunings I go with the SG.
I've got one on one of my guitars, but chocked it up as I really don't need the grief you mention above. I've kept everything else the same though, so I still get the stays-tuned-for-a-month-at-a-time benefits :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5