Clear all

Travel Guitar? Left-handed?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone seen or played one of these guitars? It looks like an interesting design. They don't specifically come in left handed, but I may be able to get one custom made (at a cost, of course).

http://www.stewartguitars.com/index.htm

Or, does anyone have a recommendation for a decent left handed travel guitar which would be easy to take on a plane? I doubt my wife will let me break into my son's college tuition fund for a guitar that I will only use when I travel (about once every month or two).

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Neat idea. I like the idea of the neck being held in place in the back of the StowAway when it's collapsed.
It'd be interesting to see the looks on the faces of the airport x-ray guys when they see a guitar folded up inside a briefcase. :twisted:

My big question is whether the neck joint will loosen up after a few years of being disassembled/re-assembled? Having the joint made out of steel is a good start, but even steel wears with friction eventually.

Not many reviews on Harmony Central, but what's there seems to be pleased.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i've been looking into travel guitars myself. there's also small guitars such as the Baby Taylor and the Little Martin. I think they both come in left handed versions. Washburn makes a cute little travel guitar. i don't know about left handed in that one. I have also been told about the Yamaha FG Jr which is another small guitar. don't know about left handed on that one. And a cheap guitar that i came across is called the Amigo. It comes in steel string and nylon string. then there is the Tacoma Papoose which is a small guitar but of very good quality and not too cheap. Probably comes in left handed.

ReplyQuote