Clear all

New Resonator

39 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm wanting a new guitar and I decided that I want something different. So, I've been checking out Resonators. I've picked two that I can afford and there's only roughly $150 difference between the acoustic/electric and the metal body acoustic. They're both tricone. I just can't decide. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

:D

Fender® FR50CE Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Resonator Guitar Features:

* Spruce top
* Mahogany back and sides
* Sonokelin fretboard
* Round mahogany neck
* Split micarta saddle
* Fender Telecaster© single-coil at the neck
* Fishman Powerchip a the bridge
* 24-3/4" scale length
* 1.62" nut width

OR

Regal RC-51 Tricone Resonator Guitar Features:

* Bell brass body
* Traditional sand-cast T-style spider for great sound
* Slim mahogany neck with adjustable truss rod
* 1-3/4" wide bone nut
* Nickel-plated brass hardware
* Schaller ST6 tuners
* Beautiful iridescent peghead overlay

PS........ I think I may be leaning toward the a/e........... maybe.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Whoa boy! Well, I think the second one is just a bit prettier but sure would be nice if it were the a/e. Tough choice BUT you win either way.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I've played the second one. I like the tone a lot.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i played the first one and found it to be pretty neat. high action though, but maybe that's par for the course for a reso, i dunno, im hardly the expert.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

I'd get the silver one.

Hopefully Gnease will see this, I believe he knows a bit about resonators. In general, You pretty much get what you pay for. Just like anyother guitar. But if you like the sound it makes, who cares? :)

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member

is the second one all metal or just painted that way cuz i like numero doce kind of better. either way you win

"I'm as free as a bird now. And this bird you can not change" Free Bird, By: Lynyrd Skynyrd
GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Number Two has a body made of bell brass.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@derecola)
Trusted Member

I vote #2 nice convection piece.

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

The Fender Acoustic-Electric has an added Telecaster pup at the neck and a power chip at the bridge. So, in terms of versatility, the first might be a little better. The second guitar is just a straight up resonator (and it looks hot). So, if thats what youre lookin' for...

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

The Fender Acoustic-Electric has an added Telecaster pup at the neck and a power chip at the bridge. So, in terms of versatility, the first might be a little better. The second guitar is just a straight up resonator (and it looks hot). So, if thats what youre lookin' for...

I think you're probably right. I'm definitely leaning toward the Fender, because of the versatility factor! The Regal IS pretty. But I'm thinking more of functionality. I think. Plus, I like the look of the Fender, too! Darn decisions!

:?

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

buy both

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

LOL! I've only got about $700 slotted for a guitar........ The Fender is $650....... The Regal is $500...... Hmmmmmmmmm........ Maybe I'll go pawn shop shopping!

:D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Take out a loan and buy both...

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...

ReplyQuote
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member

Number Two has a body made of bell brass.(Hawk slaps him self in the face)Duh! thats all Regal uses. sorry GIT SNAKE BIT!!!

"I'm as free as a bird now. And this bird you can not change" Free Bird, By: Lynyrd Skynyrd
GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

ReplyQuote
(@jonny-guitar)
Trusted Member

I, personally, would get the first one. Like you've said, it's got the pick ups and makes for more veriaty. It's also got a cute away, which in my opinion is a plus. I also just dig the wood look, what can I say...I'm not a metal man :).

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3