Clear all

New Resonator

39 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I saw a resonator mando! Way cool looking! They also had resonator banjos..........

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

FOCUS!!!

:)

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

Just chiming in... but as was said, a resonator has to be heard. They all look pretty cool. I had tried one at the local music shop (sorry cant remember which brand) and it resonated slightly more than a cinder block. I looked at the guitar and then to the shop owner who shrugged and said, it talks the talk but can't walk the walk. Then again, not being an expert on resonators I don't know if you have to play them any harder than a normal acoustic.

(by the way.. how much does the one made of metal weigh?? )

Mike

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

we'll be a band. we'll call ourselves the resonators!

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Update: I saw that Fender resonator at Guitar Center today and tried it out for you!! It sounded bad. Don't get it.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Update: I saw that Fender resonator at Guitar Center today and tried it out for you!! It sounded bad. Don't get it.

It doesn't get much more straight foreward than that!

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Just chiming in... but as was said, a resonator has to be heard. They all look pretty cool. I had tried one at the local music shop (sorry cant remember which brand) and it resonated slightly more than a cinder block. I looked at the guitar and then to the shop owner who shrugged and said, it talks the talk but can't walk the walk. Then again, not being an expert on resonators I don't know if you have to play them any harder than a normal acoustic.

(by the way.. how much does the one made of metal weigh?? )

Mike

I couldn't find it on the Johnson site but a friend's Johnson metal body weighed roughly as much as a regular Les Paul. You wouldn't want to drop it on your foot in other words. And I'm thinking the Johnson might be similar in weight to the one in question here.

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

Thanks Demo. This might be a factor in whch guitar to chose also. I know when I'm just noodling around I'll pick up my Yamaha Pacifica much faster than my Epi LP and I think alot of that has to do with the weight of the LP. Great Danes don't make good lap dogs if you know what I mean.

Mike

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for that info, Kat! I'm thinking that I'm going to just have to wait and save a little more money or win the lottery and go for a higher end resonator! And, since I've been getting into playing slide lately, I want it to sound really good when I finally do it in public! So, I think higher end is the way to go!

And thanks to everyone else, too! Y'all are just full of good information! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3