Clear all

Update

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

My friend let me borrow the Ovation Tangent CS357 the gloss black one. I love the feel on the neck. It feels like an electric. Any suggestions on my amp settings on my Vox AD30vt or would an acoustic amp make this guitar sing. Thank you.

(@Anonymous)

My friend let me borrow the Ovation Tangent CS357 the gloss black one. I love the feel on the neck. It feels like an electric. Any suggestions on my amp settings on my Vox AD30vt or would an acoustic amp make this guitar sing. Thank you.

Generally an acoutic or PA amp would work best. However, I don't have much experience with your amp. If the clean is very clean then it might work. Usually the only effects used with acoustics are reverb and/or delay, possibly chorus.

ReplyQuote
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for your input

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

The Boutique Cl and Black 2x12 would both do well on low gain. The Ovations are IMHO not very "trad dreadnought" in sound at all, more like a piezo electric sound (Nashville Tele, Parker Fly - that Fishman sound) and so an acoustic amp isn't essential.

Having said that, the Fender Acoustsonic Jnr or the truly wonderful Marshall AS50R would probably be the dream choice. (Incredibly,the Marshall's only half the price of the Fender in the UK. OK it's 50W against 40+40W, but the sound is just :D :D :D )

ReplyQuote
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thank you I will definitely try your suggestion.

ReplyQuote