Clear all

video game tablature

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

This is probably going to get a laugh out of some of you...but i've started playing my old NES again, and have taken a liking to some of the music in some of the games...particularly the intro song to mega man 3, and the dungeon theme for zelda ii. I have figured out parts of the Zelda song, but can't for the life of me figure out the crazy fast arpeggio part. (I'm probably the only person who has any idea of what i'm talking about)
Ive tried quite a few tab sites, and can't seem to find the arpeggiated part anywhere. If anybody knows where i could find this, or could post s tab (of either song) then I would greatly appreciate it.
thanks again

-Nik

(@minorkey)
Reputable Member

I just love the music in Ratchett and Clank on the PS2. My other half is playing it at the moment, the music rocks!

If I go blind guide me. If I go deaf shoot me
http://mymusictree.blogspot.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@fiberoptik)
Estimable Member

Pyscho:
Just an idea and I dont know if it will work.. But I do know midi files of these songs exists.. Can't you load up the midi file and use your player to see what notes are being played?

ReplyQuote
 R3d
(@r3d)
Trusted Member

Can't help, but I do know of several people who have learnt some of the tunes from the Mario games.

ReplyQuote
(@vempyre)
Trusted Member

you can probably find them at the power tab archive ( http://www.powertabs.net/ ). they have lots of videogame themes, and they might just have what you're after ... you'll need to download their program to use the files, but it's free, and worth the wait.

ReplyQuote
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Pyscho:
Just an idea and I dont know if it will work.. But I do know midi files of these songs exists.. Can't you load up the midi file and use your player to see what notes are being played?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this...
maybe you're talking about loading them into powertab? (I think i had a similar program at one point in time... you could do something like that...) I'm not sure, i have the retaining memory of a goldfish, so...
thanks for your help. I can't really download anything right now, the computer is being retarded, so I guess I'll just try to work it out by ear some more. Using a MIDI online would help, because then I could rewind it.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Try this website --> http://www.kontek.net/vgjam/nes.shtml
It's all videogame tabs.

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Yes! Thanks for that link AK, I've been looking out for Perfect Dark tabs for a while.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

You can import them into GP, and have all tabs for all instruments.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Yes! Thanks for that link AK, I've been looking out for Perfect Dark tabs for a while.

No problem! :D
I personnaly enjoy Final Fantasy music, and that website is oh so useful.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Powertab can import MIDIs as well, if you don't have/want GP.

ReplyQuote
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

kontek has the tab for the zelda theme, but not the particular part i was trying to figure out. love the site, though

i'll eventually get one of those programs, one i get MY computer up and runing.

ReplyQuote