Notifications
Clear all

Well I bought one!!!

55 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

WOO HOO!!

I just got the shipping infor from Rondo! Fed Ex should be here by Thursday (Aug 25th!)...Man this company just keeps getting better!!!

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

SCORE!!!

After all this enthusiasm and such, you better enjoy it with no complaints at all :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Buyers remorse in 10, ...9, ...8, ...7... :lol:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, you'll love the Agile.

Those Oscar Schmidt OE-30s do seem to be a good bang for the buck, too. I have several friends with them.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

I really like my OE30. I always wanted a hollow-body, but even the Epi's were out of my comfort range, price-wise. I had to send the first one back, because it had electrical problems, but Musicians Friend was pretty good to deal with. I'm happy with the replacement. It's a good guitar for the money. Like I said in a previous post, I need to take it somewhere to get the nut lowered just a bit. Once done, I think it may become my "go to" guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@itziks)
Estimable Member

I bought a package of rondo guitar - an SX (start copy) + amp + gig bag + cable + electronic tuner + pick + tools to setup the guitar - all in 200$.

the guitar is very fine. made in china. the company says that although it's very cheap - it is made from one peice of ash wood, not like other chepo that are made of layers of glued wood. I have it about 6 months and it's very good and sounds very very good. + I attach it to a multi effect - so it sounds as whatever I want it - jazz guitar. acoustic, resonator, whatever.

Problem is that now I can't justify buying a jazz guitar - because through the multi-effect I get the sound of jazz guitar !!!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

itziks, is that the sx sst62? If not, which model? I've been sneaking a peek at them.

How's the action, tuners, construction, etc? I'm souping up a pile of crud Yamaha, but I might get one of these and move the new parts to it instead.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

I'm anxiously awaiting to hear how Mikespe likes his new guitar. One part of me is hoping he's disappointed (sorry, Mike) so I don't end up buying one too :)

Rparker, I don't have the SX SST62, but I have the SST57, which I would imagine is very similar, so I'll offer my $0.02 on it.

The construction seems very good, and the finish is outstanding. Out of the box, the action was very good, maybe even a bit low (occasional buzzing). The tuners are only adequate, I'd like to put some better ones on it. But it stays in tune, unless I use the whammy a lot (curse you, Toadies).

And, like I've said in a previous post, I wish I would have gone with a "fat" version with a humbucker in the bridge position.

Given the fact that I only paid 99 bucks for the thing, I'd have to give it a 9.5

-Scott

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

$30 and you can getchya a mini 'bucker for it. One of those hot-rails things.

Looks like the only difference between the 57 and 62 is the fretboard.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

$30 and you can getchya a mini 'bucker for it. One of those hot-rails things.

Looks like the only difference between the 57 and 62 is the fretboard.

I may have to check into that. I've never done any pickup replacement type of stuff, although I'm sure I could.

Yeah, I think maybe the fretboard/neck is the only difference. I think I actually prefer the neck on the 62 because it's smooth (sort of unfinished on the back), unlike my 57, which is lacquered on the back. For the record, I got the tobacco sunburst finish, and I can't imagine a prettier guitar, but of course that's personal preference.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Well my new Agile Les Paul arrived today and all I have to say is WOW! This guitar is BEAUTIFUL! Before I go on to the review I have to say that Rondo Music did a FABULOUS job in packing the guitar. It was double boxed in heavy duty boxes and wrapped on the inside. I will definitely purchase from them again!

The first thing I noticed about the guitar was the weight. This thing weighs a TON! The item description on Rondo's site said it weighed 10 lbs but it fell a heck of a lot more! You just know this guitar is made from real wood just by the weight of it! The next thing I noticed was the OUTSTANDING finish of this Les Paul. It is IMMACULATE! Not one blemish, scratch, chip, or anything. Just a bit dusty which is expected. The only thing I had to do was tighten the pick guard which came loose.

The next thing I checked was the action. This guitar was set-up PERFECTLY from the store! The strings are as low as they can go without buzzing. I did not here one buzz! The neck is thin for fast play yet it feels very sturdy like a baseball bat. I did have to tune the guitar but that was expected. It was strange tuning the guitar because of the headstock. My other 2 guitars both have the "Fender-style" headstocks. However it tuned NICELY and sounds incredible! THe fret look chromed or nickel plated and are definitely bigger than the frets on my Behringer and Fender acoustic. THey were finsihed perfectly and no need to have them filed!

Now it was time to plug the LP into my new V-Amp 2 (which I also received today!) and I'll tell you I was FLOORED by the sound! This thing is just amazing. I never realized the difference having humbucker pickups can make. This guitar are a VERY different sound than my Behringer Strat Copy. The sound is very full and clean. Even with the distortion on it sounded very crisp. I will have to get used to this sound and make sure I pick the right songs to practice on it (almost ANY classic rock song should do!).

So now I just had to break the guitar in with a TRUE rock song so I played Cat Scratch Fever (Hey..what better song to play on a Les Paul than ANYTHING by Uncle Teddy!). I could not believe how easy it felt to play. My fret hand just glided along the fretboard.

I have to say I am going to enjoy playing this guitar for quite some time even though I'll have to start weightlifting again just to hold it! There are pictures on my Guitar Gallery site (link in my signature below) and I will add more soon. I will also post this review on my guitar site and as I play the Agile more I'll update the review!

Now I know everyone is going to be mad because NOW because all of you are going to have to order a guitar from Rondo! Hey sorry but I just had to give an honest review!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Told you so. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

doesnt your leg feel numb after a while with that mammoth guitar on your leg?

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

lol congrats and have fun with yer new baby :wink:

tried to register at yer site but i got this;

Could not insert data into users table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO mos_users (id, username, name, usertype, gid, user_regdate, password, email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_from_flag, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_active, user_actkey, registerDate) VALUES (64, 'TwistedLefty', 'TwistedLefty', 'Registered', 18, 1125009296, 'd1a31e094b634c56b4fffd4789f68871', '[email protected]', '', '', '', '', 'blank.gif', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, '', '', '', 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 'D M d, Y g:i a', 'english', 1, 0, 1, 0, 'b31eb3e5da51')

Line : 689
File : usercp_register.php

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

doesnt your leg feel numb after a while with that mammoth guitar on your leg?

I'll tell you I have just been playing the guitar and I couldn't imagine performing a whole set let alone concert with that thing hanging from my shoulder! It has to weigh AT LEAST 15 lbs...not 10 like the description said!

But I will say it plays like a dream and I ain't that good! I could only imagine what some of you could sound like!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4