Clear all

Wes Inman Is Costing Me Money!!!

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Kind of incognito-like, I sold a multi-effects board I was not using (Boss GT-6) and Solid State Fender Amp (FM212R) that I was using nothing more of than as a speaker I can't turn up attached to my new Boss GT-10. So, I moved my old Fender Champion 30w SS Champion up into my office and hooked it up to the GT-10. Very nice. So, there I was with a little over $300 cash in hand and needing an amp downstairs. :twisted: :twisted:

I picked up a Fender Super Champ XD 15W Tube amp. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-SuperChamp-XD-120V-Guitar-Combo?sku=483075 I didn't even try it out. Wes said it was great, so I got it. What the heck, right? I can't hear a damned thing in the GC. There's the return policy. Might as well test drive the thing at home at my leisure. Sounds really good so far though, and I have hardly messed with the 16 magic little voicings derived by digital effects.

So, out of the whole mess, I end up with a new tube amp as a round-a-bout trade with a tiny bit of cash left over. (Still thinking about the blues Jr for another $150 or so if this doesn't cut it, but wanting to save that money towards a magic little 12-string Martin up near DC ......)

Here it is next to my GAX-70

.....and here's my new GT-10 from last month with my old 30w Fender. Along side of it is my Epi LP and my MIM Keefocaster.

....and while I'm showing off pics, my poor widdle dober-mutt a couple days after impailing herself on something in the back yard.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nice amp! 8)

Congrats! :D

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice gear! 8) Looks like you broke your low E string on your Tele! :wink:

Think you'll have to go back to the pet store & get a smaller collar for your dog! :lol: :P

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I like the doggy!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Roy --

If you are having so much trouble resisting Wes's influence, maybe you should try this new product:

-=Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Roy --

If you are having so much trouble resisting Wes's influence, maybe you should try this new product:

-=Greg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The weird little surprise is that this little 30 watt amp is sounding much better on the GT-10 than the 100 watt amp did. It had nice tone by itself, but never that great with the multi-effects pedals on it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Nice gear! 8) Looks like you broke your low E string on your Tele! :wink:

Think you'll have to go back to the pet store & get a smaller collar for your dog! :lol: :P

Dan

Yeah, I saw a MIA Tele yesterday at the GC. Apparently the domestic ones come with the low E string. :shock: :?

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Nice gear! Looks like you broke your low E string on your Tele!

That's the way it's SUPPOSED to be, Dan! The clues are there....KEEF-o-caster.....Telecaster.....

LOL, when I posted a pic of my Tele, a certain Teleplayer324 noted it had too many strings.....

Nice gear Roy! And don't worry about the money - just think of all the cash Wes has saved us on buying songbooks these last few years with all the tabs he's written out in Easy Songs - I reckon about half my repertoire comes courtesy of Mr Inman sir!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Its no longer called GAS. Now it's the "Wes Inman Syndrom".

Nice gear there Roy!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Roy if you get tired ofthe new gear let my know :wink:
Sorry to hear about the dog.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Roy..... your eyes are feeling heavy.... you are totally relaxed now..... you have no worries, no cares......

Now.... get out your checkbook..... write a check for $1000...... make it payable to "Wes Inman" :D

Sorry Roy, I can't help myself, I was a salesman for many years. You know they made me stand in front of mirrors and tell myself I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I am the best salesman, I am the best salesman, I am the best salesman.....

In otherwords, I am a complete psychopath. :D

But hey, that's a pretty great little amp isn't it?

You know, you are an influence on me also. As much as I say multi-efx pedals annoy me, I have really been considering going back to one. The other night I found this nice model of the Classic Tele twang on my little Zoom pedal my brother gave me for Christmas. Plus I was actually using my Tele at the time. Man, it did sound great. It just made me realize the best thing about these multi-efx units is you can get all these famous sounds without having to buy dozens of pedals, different amps and the like. So, I am really thinking about making the dive again.

Till then, your eyes are getting heavy again.... you are totally relaxed.... now mail that check to Wes Inman...

Oh yeah..... make sure to sign that check. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

.....eyes too heavy. Can't find the checkbook........

Yeah, those little multi-effects things are neat toys. This one that I have now seems to be a whole lot clearer and less in-your-face than the old one. I'm sure many, many people play live with them. I kind of like to think that my first live performance will be with either the acoustic or the Blues Deluxe.

I'm thinking that this new amp is a keeper, though. It's got that bite thing going on the clean channel that I like so much. I'm sure that harder stuff will be decent enough with those 16 voices to choose from along with the adjustable gain and those other built in digital effects. Should keep me going. :lol:

crkt, poor poochie is doing fine now. Stitches out in two weeks.

Roy

ReplyQuote