Clear all

What is this guitar?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@sullivandf)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I went into a local guitar shop today that I had never been in before. They carry a lot of guitars that you won't find at Guitar Center and some of the larger, chain stores. It's kind of a "boutique" shop. They had a couple of Ibanez guitars that I had never seen before. They looked just like Les Pauls, right down to the shape of the head stock. I looked at the Ibanez web site but couldn't find them. Musicians Friend doesn't have them either. The only salesman was too busy so I left without asking about them. Does anybody know what these might have been? Are they a discontinued model? Just curious. Any info. would be appreciated before I go back and play them. Thanks.

(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member

I believe they were discontinued after Gibson sued (or threatened suit) against Ibanez for copying the design too exactly, particularly the headstock.

~Sam

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Yup, one of Gibson's trademarks is the open book headstock. When Ibanez used it, Gibson was going to sue, but I think Ibanez changed it before anything really happened. I dont know when this took place, but those guitars must be a few years old.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote